Third Party & Independents Archives

Trump Train Steams Toward 2020

It’s wonderful to see the President bypassing, going around fake news. He twittered some 21 times on Sunday, if you can believe that. He lambasted ‘lo IQ McCain’, said the Muller report should never see the light of day as it was a witch hunt, all good stuff for his base.

Rapidly moving toward the 2020's and the President's sails are catching a good wind. There is some talk that the GOP will run someone against him in the primary. I cannot imagine who that would be but the remaining 'globalist' are willing to throw something against the wall and see if it sticks. dims are in no better shape. They have no organization and no credible candidates at this time and time is running out. Elizabeth Warren wants to run but needs the perks of a non-white to do so. Joe Biden, an old white man, wants to run but just can't seem to dredge up the courage for more than a few minutes at a time. The remaining dim candidates are pretty much 'dimwits' like they want to 'impeach Trump', raise taxes, force green energy on us, make medicare free.

Meanwhile, Trump is on a roll having vetoed the Senate on border wall funding. His Space Force initiative will ensure we keep abreast of the Sov's and China in space. Economy in good shape going in. Immigration raids, sex trafficking raids, long time criminal CEO raids, college entrance cheats being hauled to jail/summoned, I mean you can really sense a major change in the FBI and DOJ. It ain't business as usual anymore. $77M cocaine bust in NJ, record fentanyl, 254 lbs, along with 395 lbs of meth, bust at the border. 120 lbs of fentanyl, enough to kill 26M people, seized in a Nebraska raid, and so on . . .

And, notice that we aren't scared anymore. No ISIS threat, Trump is beefing up Ukraine and their neighbors, B-52's zooming over the South China Sea, lil rocket man being real quite, and so on . . .

So, the President is running at about 52% national popularity and about 95% solid with his base.

I might as well go ahead and make some predictions. Of course, Trump will be elected to a 2nd term and, and, and, his daughter, Ivanka will be the first woman president in 2024. I tell you she is being groomed 24/7 right now for the job. . .

Remember, you heard it hear first . . .

Posted by Roy Ellis at March 18, 2019 7:22 PM
Comments
Comment #440133

Another one to think about; one million pounds of illegal pork from China was arrested in New Jersey this week. How many years do you think that’s been going on ? ? ?

Oh yeah, sit back and ENJOY ! ! !

Posted by: Roy Ellis at March 18, 2019 7:33 PM
Comment #440135
Roy Ellis wrote: Trump is on a roll having vetoed the Senate on border wall funding.
Trump is having to do the job that Congress was supposed to do, but won’t. What are Congress’ ratings? 15% ? Posted by: d.a.n at March 18, 2019 7:39 PM
Comment #440136

Recent CNN poll shows 71 % believe economy is very good or somewat good.

Posted by: Roy ellis at March 18, 2019 8:41 PM
Comment #440167
Roy Ellis wrote: Another one to think about; one million pounds of illegal pork from China was arrested in New Jersey this week. How many years do you think that’s been going on ? ? ?
Look at the many thousands of recalls, and total number of recalled items made in China are in the many tens of millions.
A Canadian study published in September 2007 showed that while 95% of product recalls from 1988 to 2007 were from China.
I was injured by a ladder in 2012 and a step-stool in 2018 that both failed, and I was taking a medication (Losartan) in 2018 that was made in China, that was recalled for containing dangerous toxic contaminants.
It’s crazy to be buying so much dangerous crap from China.
Who needs a war, when you can simply destroy a nation that is stupid enough to keep buying their dangerous crap?
Posted by: d.a.n at March 19, 2019 9:06 AM
Comment #440168

President Trump is the GOPs only hope for 2020. IF they were to primary him, the democrats could run Marx himself and easily win.

The muslim terrorist threat is still very dire. In fact, I believe it will ramp up to levels we have not yet seen.

Not sure if President Trump can win in 2020. The collusion between the democratic party and the media is at a fevered pitch. Its only intention is to divide Americans amongst themselves and I believe normal Americans no longer have the numbers to counter the hate. Not even with the lefts assaults on their political opponents or antifa’s terrorist tactics.

Ivanka is further left than her Bill Clinton wannabe dad, but not extreme left enough to get the votes of the new extreme democrats who have taken over the party.

Posted by: kctim at March 19, 2019 9:21 AM
Comment #440171
kctim wrote: Not sure if President Trump can win in 2020. The collusion between the democratic party and the media is at a fevered pitch … I believe normal Americans no longer have the numbers to counter the hate.
That worries me too, and H E R E is a major reason why.
BOTH Republicans and Democrats created the problem (growing worse every day), because BOTH wanted cheap labor, and Democrats want the votes and power (which is why no one will fix the stupid asylum laws that allow catch-and-release).
Posted by: d.a.n at March 19, 2019 10:06 AM
Comment #440177

Let’s see how they like some of their own medicine ?
Google Webspam Reported
Thank you for submitting a webspam report for www.clickndia.com/
Thank you for submitting a webspam report for www.appstosoft.com/blog/age-of-empires-3-downloads-full-version/
Google investigates webspam reports, reducing the ranking of the spam webpage in Google search results, takes action when Google uncovers abuse, and in egregious cases, Google removes spam web pages from Google search results.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 19, 2019 11:15 AM
Comment #440190

Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh has a realistic understanding of the Socialism fantasy making the rounds of the young and their brainless elders in the US. She is a freelance writer, author, radio commentator, and speaker.

“Young generations, with their smart phones, cars, plenty of food, and other electronic gadgets produced by capitalism, indoctrinated by schools and the media into believing that free-market capitalism poses a fundamental threat to their avowed neo-communism.”

https://canadafreepress.com/article/communism-making-comeback-as-globalism

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 19, 2019 5:42 PM
Comment #440197

Our Liberal Pals really loved this headline.

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

“UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.”

https://apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

The Associated Press published this dire warning on June 29, 1989.

Thirty years later and we are still waiting for the anticipated catastrophe. Today, the “smart UN folks”, and even smarter Democrats, are telling us we only have (ten or twelve) years left to survive. Wow…a reprieve (wipe the sweat off your brow).

It is simply incredible that these people continue to be fooled. Would anyone follow any prognosticator who was wrong for thirty years running??? Anyone???

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 19, 2019 6:12 PM
Comment #440208

That 12 years came from an accord in which the target goal was to be met in 12 years. The Democratics embellished to say the least by saying the earth will end in 12 years. In other words, they’re lying.

Posted by: Weary Willie at March 19, 2019 9:29 PM
Comment #440209

There seems to be a lot of bad information flying around about Global Warming and the 12 year point. First, let’s go to the source:

https://www.ipcc.ch/sr15/chapter/summary-for-policy-makers/

Scroll down to the section “Understanding Global Warming of 1.5°C”

What the report tells you is that there is a BIG difference between Global Warming of 1.5C and 2.0C. The lower number is already baked into the cake. It’s done. That can not be changed; however, if we do something now, we can keep Warming from increasing to 2C

Here is a good summary by The Guardian:

“The world’s leading climate scientists have warned there is only a dozen years for global warming to be kept to a maximum of 1.5C, beyond which even half a degree will significantly worsen the risks of drought, floods, extreme heat and poverty for hundreds of millions of people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/08/global-warming-must-not-exceed-15c-warns-landmark-un-report

So the 12 year number is a goal. It is not a cliff. It is more like a slope. And the longer we wait, the STEEPER the slope becomes, and the harder it will be to do anything about it.

Here are a few more choice quotes:

“…the greatest difference would be to nature. Insects, which are vital for pollination of crops, and plants are almost twice as likely to lose half their habitat at 2C compared with 1.5C. Corals would be 99% lost at the higher of the two temperatures, but more than 10% have a chance of surviving if the lower target is reached.”

“At the current level of commitments, the world is on course for a disastrous 3C of warming.”

And keep in mind, the IPCC report is conservative in its estimates. It is not attempting to predict “tipping points” or feedback loops, which could make things much, much worse.

Posted by: phx8 at March 19, 2019 10:18 PM
Comment #440219

Phx8, you have to admit that the failed alarmists predictions and all the lies by people like Gore and AOC, have hurt the cause.

We didn’t use doom and gloom end of world scare tactics or personal attacks to address air pollution and trash, we used something that we could all gather around: a crying indian on the side of the road.

Posted by: kctim at March 20, 2019 8:05 AM
Comment #440222

..Or a cartoon owl. (give a hoot)
..Or a cartoon bear. (Smokey)

Democratics are all for doing it “for the children”, but now they’re more concerned with scaring the shit out of children and lying to them to get their vote.

It’s not about persuasion with Democratics any more. It’s about force and fear.


Posted by: Weary Willie at March 20, 2019 9:19 AM
Comment #440223

Since Rupert Murdock turned Fox over to his children I’ve noticed a distinct shift to the left by that media outlet. After that the knives came out and some of the popular names are no longer there. Unlike the Rathers and the Jennings who lost their position for reporting lies, these people at fox succumbed to a me too mentality. It’s a mystery to me how end results always seem to favor the left. The Dan Rathers are paid consultants for left leaning news outlets, but the Bill O’Reillys are relegated to obscurity.

I’ve noticed another disconcerting pattern in Breitbart’s reporting, also. Breitbart appears to be a right leaning news organization and it’s articles seem to ridicule the left. But, have you noticed their articles are always about the left? One way or another they always fill their pages with characters on the left. They populate their pages with stories about left leaning positions. Jim Carrey’s finger painting, Trevor Noah, Colbert, SNL, Beto, Warren, Biden, and many other left leaning characters are the focus of the majority of the news articles written on Breitbart.

j2t2 claims the right is moving farther right. Well, I don’t see it in the reporting of the news on so-called “right wing” news organizations. It seems the focus of the reporting, whether positive or negative, is always on the left and it’s positions.

Posted by: Weary Willie at March 20, 2019 10:10 AM
Comment #440224

The global temperatures have swung (about 12 times) somewhere between 53.6F and 73.5F over the last 2 Billion years, and it happened prior to the last 10,000 years (when the human population was less than 1% of the 7.71 Billion today).
The current global temperature (about 59F) is currently in bottom (coldest) 25% of the range of temperatures (53.6F and 73.5F).

While there is no doubt that a human population of 7.71 Billion has some impact, there’s insufficient proof that the lack of any humans on Earth would prevent the temperatures from continuing to swing between 53.6F and 73.5F, because there are many factors which are not sufficiently understood.

The primary greenhouse gases in Earth’s atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and ozone. Without greenhouse gases, the average temperature of Earth’s surface would be about -18°C (0°F), rather than the present average of 15°C (59°F). So, some greenhouse gases are needed to avoid turning the Earth into a snowball again (which has already happened several times).

IF you and others are blaming human population for global warming, then do you, or anyone else, know of a way to prevent the human population from doubling again by 2021 (since it previously doubled in 1974) ?
Today, about 24,641 people die per day (9 Million per year) due to starvation and starvation-related diseases, and world hunger is on the rise since 2016. Yet, the total human population still grows by 235,000 per day (85.8 Million per year), which includes all births minus all deaths, per day.

Again, IF humans cannot control their own population, then limited resources and human nature will automatically solve the problem, when over-population leads to inevitable and increasing global famine, wars, disease, and death.
The last time the human population decreased slightly was during “The Black Death - The Plague” in 1348-to-1351, which killed 1.5 million people.
Compare those 1.5 million deaths in year 1351 to the 9 million deaths per year due to starvation (as of year 2018), and the annual growth of the human population by 85.8 Million per year.

China, Egypt, and a few other countries have very good reasons for having serious concerns for over-population.
However, what’s the solution?
IF humans cannot control their own population, the future will most likely make Soylent Green look like paradise.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 10:12 AM
Comment #440225

IF people want to prevent humans’ contributions to global warming, they will most likely have to prevent the human population from doubling about every 45 years (or less).
It’s quite likely that the problem will (brutally) solve itself the hard-and-painful way, with increasing levels of global famine, wars, disease, and death.

Weary Willie wrote: It’s not about persuasion with Democratics any more. It’s about force and fear.
Right. This would not be categorized as attempts of persuasion.
Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 10:32 AM
Comment #440226

Weary Willie, Thanks for deleting the SPAM when you see it!

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 10:35 AM
Comment #440227

Consider this story on Breitbart.
Donna Brazile Hired as Fox News Contributor

Half this story is to present CNN’s denial of any wrong doing on Brazile’s part, even after she admits to passing the questions in advance of the debate.

she wrote. “But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret.”

Instead of being relegated to obscurity she is rewarded by none other than Fox news.

Why isn’t Rush Limbaugh a focus of any of these news articles in any media outlet? He has a following of over 30 million people every day! Alex Jones has been demonized relentlessly, not for his own statements, but what the left has portrayed him as.

Does any of you who consider Alex Jones a quack actually listened to him on a regular basis? I know his voice is hard to listen to and he constantly interrupts his guests to talk about himself, but his reporting is fact based and his guests have legitimate positions that carry favor on the right. Where is the focus on these stories in so-called “right leaning” news organizations?

My entire position has just been undermined by mentioning Alex Jones. I think I can rest my case on that fact.

Posted by: Weary Willie at March 20, 2019 10:38 AM
Comment #440228

Thanks to you also for reporting it to Google, d.a.n! We’ve put a dent in it, but I check it every day to get the new stuff.

Posted by: Weary Willie at March 20, 2019 10:44 AM
Comment #440229
Weary Willie wrote:My entire position has just been undermined by mentioning Alex Jones. I think I can rest my case on that fact.
LOL !
There’s no doubt that the right has also moved left, but not as far left as the left has moved left. The left is out-of-control, and where are the voices of the moderates of the Democrat party?
I don’t think the majority of voters are going to go along with all of T H I S (i.e. the Democrat party’s platform and goals).
Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 10:52 AM
Comment #440230

I just did a search with the term: Liberal suspended

The results I got were pages of entries for a suspension of a Liberal Democrat in Great Britain. That and a so called liberal teacher who promoted the murder of Justice Kavanaugh.

At least they have some limits, but it’s overshadowed by the plethora of suspensions of conservatives.

Posted by: Weary Willie at March 20, 2019 11:12 AM
Comment #440235

There is no doubt that most of the Main Stream Media is leftist to varying degrees.
And the Democrat platform and goals like this are not only far left, but extremist.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 11:39 AM
Comment #440236

Wow to hear you guys tell it conservatives/oligarchist/authoritarians/fascist/neo-Nazis have it so tough now that Trump is president. I feel for you, to bad it’s just so much BS on your part. But hey Cheer up babies things could be worse, especially if Trump gets a second turn. But just think should he cheat his way into a second term there will be old folks sleeping in the street and a lot more bankrupt sick folks for capitalist to prey on.

Posted by: j2t2 at March 20, 2019 11:41 AM
Comment #440238

You forgot making old folks eat dog food, throwing them off the cliff, killing minorities, concentration camps for brown people, causing climate change-hurricanes-earthquakes-floods, and starting WWIII.

Posted by: kctim at March 20, 2019 12:02 PM
Comment #440239
Half this story is to present CNN’s denial of any wrong doing on Brazile’s part, even after she admits to passing the questions in advance of the debate

Weary, couldn’t get your link to work but googled it, and it seems the second half of the story was Breitbart’s way of marginalizing Brazile now that she has a voice on Faux News.

When I say vague I mean which debate/debates are we talking about? The way this tripe is written misleading ( Breitbart stock in trade). If Clinton were the presidential candidate then one would think she was debating Trump. But they would be wrong. She was, at the time (March 2016), debating other Dems to become the Dems candidate for president.

Another fact that goes unmentioned, there was a false news report and a true report about Brazile that she resigned and apologized for.

Posted by: j2t2 at March 20, 2019 12:10 PM
Comment #440240
The muslim terrorist threat is still very dire.

Not as dire as the right wing terror threats kctim. The right wing propaganda machine wants you to believe there is a dire Muslim threat but they forget about the real threat to this country.

Posted by: j2t2 at March 20, 2019 12:16 PM
Comment #440242

HMMMMmmmmm … more nonsense from j2t2.
I think there might be some items there that can be added to his growing list of his Words of Wisdom.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 12:27 PM
Comment #440243

Keep adding D., attacking the messenger is better for you than attacking the message.

Posted by: j2t2 at March 20, 2019 12:49 PM
Comment #440244

No one is attacking you j2t2. You are shooting yourself in the foot with lies and nasty, racist, hateful comments.

After hacked emails published Monday by WikiLeaks appeared to reveal Brazile, during her time as a CNN commentator, giving advance notice to Clinton’s camp about a debate question, Brazile has lost a CNN contract (which was suspended when Brazile took over the DNC in July-2016).

Snopes rates that fact as true …

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 12:54 PM
Comment #440245
j2t2 wrote: Keep adding D., attacking the messenger is better for you than attacking the message.
j2t2, Why do you seem upset?
You should be thanking me!?!
After all, you wrote:
  • [01] j2t2 wrote: I am proud of each and every one of my comments you have listed here.
  • [01] j2t2 wrote:In fact I am especially proud of the donkey show comment [comparing conservatives on WatchBlog to “Beastialists” or those that like to watch Beastiality].
  • [24] j2t2 wrote: In fact right now I’m rather proud that you have spent the time going through the archives hunting for my words of wisdom.
  • [56] j2t2 wrote: Because…wait for it…..wait for it…….. I am proud of those comments [above].
Are you still proud of all of this, or not?
Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 1:03 PM
Comment #440246
kctim satiracally wrote to j2t2: You forgot making old folks eat dog food, throwing them off the cliff, killing minorities, concentration camps for brown people, causing climate change-hurricanes-earthquakes-floods, and starting WWIII.
LOL !. For a moment there, I thought it was an actual comment by j2t2, because it represents all of j2t2’s favorite themes.
Interestingly, he did not disagree with that comment.
Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 1:22 PM
Comment #440251

“here seems to be a lot of bad information flying around about Global Warming…”

Yup, sure seems that way phx8, and the IPCC is responsible. Their entire report is riddled with “if’s” and events predicted to take place decades from now when none of us will be alive. We’ll be gone and so will trillions of dollars if we buy this bullshit.

Thirty years of predictions that have no basis in fact and you keep swallowing the nonsense.

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 20, 2019 2:10 PM
Comment #440252

But just think should he cheat his way into a second term there will be old folks sleeping in the street and a lot more bankrupt sick folks for capitalist to prey on.
Posted by: j2t2 at March 20, 2019 11:41 AM

Pure BS. I challenge you to provide any facts to back up your fantasy.

What’s the deal with Joe Biden. Is this guy serious, or does he just crave attention?

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 20, 2019 2:20 PM
Comment #440253

Hey d.a.n., look what j2t2 is doing now.

“Wow to hear you guys tell it conservatives/oligarchist/authoritarians/fascist/neo-Nazis have it so tough now that Trump is president.”

He is copying me and I am flattered. However, when I call Liberals “Socialist”, many agree. When I call some Liberals “Progressives”, they mostly agree.

Poor j2t2, he can’t get even one Conservative to agree with his name-calling.

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 20, 2019 2:27 PM
Comment #440254

J2, we have been over your biased ADL heat map before. It shows:
1 incident that can legitimately be labeled as a ‘right-wing’ terror plot resulting in deaths.
1 attention seeking idiot mailing bombs that didn’t go off.

2 or 3 guesses of the incident being ‘right-wing’ influenced.

And most incidents being a result of robbery, disputes, and domestic violence.

You guys have to jump through a ton of crazy hoops to get the “right wing terror threats” narrative you so desperately crave. Unfortunately, you are putting your politics before facts and common sense.

We can have a rational discussion on extremism J2, IF you want. It is, has been, and always will be a problem. But if you actually believe that ex-cons and lone nuts committing random acts of violence are more of a terror threat than tens of millions of muslims that support blowing themselves up or flying planes into buildings to murder mass numbers of innocent people, we’re not going to get very far.

Posted by: kctim at March 20, 2019 2:42 PM
Comment #440255

What is it you believe then, j2t2? Did Brazille give Clinton the questions? Yes or No?

Posted by: Weary Willie at March 20, 2019 2:45 PM
Comment #440256

LOL !
Yep, j2t2 is the gift that keeps on giving (and phx8 and Ed O’hrealy too)!

j2t2 wrote: … there will be old folks sleeping in the street …

There already are. But notice where it is the worst.
Haven’t you been to California?

Here are the 4 cities with the most homeless, all run by Democrats. Duh!

City == Estimated Homeless Population
1 ===== New York City ========== 76,501
2 ===== Los Angeles City & County == 55,188
3 ===== Seattle/King County ====== 11,643
4 ===== San Diego City & County === 9,160

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 2:48 PM
Comment #440258

pdx8, this nice lady explains global warming at a child’s level:

Global Weirding with Katharine Hayhoe
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi6RkdaEqgRVKi3AzidF4ow

a good example:

What’s the Big Deal With a Few Degrees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cRCbgTA_78

Posted by: ohrealy at March 20, 2019 3:05 PM
Comment #440259
j2t2 wrote: The right wing propaganda machine wants you to believe there is a dire Muslim threat but they forget about the real threat to this country.
j2t2, conveniently ignores millions killed by muslim extremists all around the world, and then j2t2 tries to use a despicable article that tries to paint Trump and non-Democrats as also being dangerous extremists.

OK. IF you want to play that game, what about this
In the past, Democrats:

  • (1) sought to continue slavery (source: www.britannica.com/topic/Democratic-Party);
  • (2) created the KKK (source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan);
  • (3) created Jim Crow laws (source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws);
  • (4) and imposed racial segregation (source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Democrats).
… and perhaps that is apropos, since Democrats today …

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 3:21 PM
Comment #440260

What phx8, Ed O’hrealy, and j2t2 fail to understand is:

  • (1) that the vast majority of the time over the last 2 Billion years, the average global temperatures have been MUCH warmer than today;
  • (2) and the global temperature today (about 59F) is near the lowest temperature range (53.6F to 73.%F) over the last 2 Billion years;
  • (3) global temperatures have been MUCH warmer prior to when the human population was only 1% of what it is today;
  • (4) there is no credible evidence that the absence of humans today would make any difference in global warming, because the are numerous factors that are not well understood;
  • (5) even if humans could mitigate or control global warming, what is the solution, when the 7.71 human population is doubling about every 45 years (or less)?
  • (6) the “New Green Deal” is pie-in-the-sky nonsense, because it would cost ($94 Trillion over 10 years), which is close to the current total net worth of the U.S. ($100 Trillion). And there’s no proof that anything humans do will mitigate global warming, when humans can’t even control over-population;

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 3:41 PM
Comment #440261

Many thanks to d.a.n. for his six-point rebuttal to MMGW.

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 20, 2019 3:46 PM
Comment #440262

ohrealy,
Global Warming is a good video. Thank you.

kctim,
If someone said the world is going to end in 12 years due to Global Warming, that is wrong. But if someone suggests it is not a critical problem, that is wrong too.

RF,
The link you provided earlier in the thread was supposed to disprove Global Warming because the projections made in 1989 were high. Actually, that was a very good article and, for the most part, accurate.

What changed was the data gathered. It turns out a lot more heat is being absorbed by the oceans than anyone ever realized, about 90% of the additional heat delivered by Global Warming. About 70% of that absorbed heat is staying near the surface, and another 30% is being absorbed at depth.

So, good news, bad news. The good news is that we have ‘only’ heated up the planet about one degree. The bad news is the excess heat did not disappear, and it will be released by the oceans year after year.

Some of us may not care because we will not be alive long enough to see it. Fair enough. No one is required to care about their fellow human beings. But that attitude assumes Global Warming is something that will occur in some far off future, and not today. In fact, it is already happening.

Warmer water and warmer air means that when hurricanes occur they will be more powerful. We are already seeing that. We just saw it in Houston, which saw three once-every-500-year rainfall events occur in three years.

I have seen it here in Oregon. I have lived here 22 years. For the past three years dryer, warmer weather has made the forests more vulnerable. Lack of cold enough weather has allowed insect infestations to survive over winter and weaken the trees. The result? After never having happened in 19 years, for the past three consecutive years wildfires have made the air quality so bad, we have had to stay indoors for days at a time.

And THAT matters because my wife and one of my granddaughters are asthmatic.

I’ve seen the result of Global Warming in my own neighborhood. The HOA sent an e-mail announcing they will cut down three big red cedars. Insect infestations and warmer weather are weakening and killing the trees, so down they come.

Posted by: phx8 at March 20, 2019 3:58 PM
Comment #440263

“I’ve seen the result of Global Warming in my own neighborhood.”

Well you have finally convinced me phx8. There can be no doubt now since you have directly observed climate change over the past three years in your neighborhood. Have you reported your findings to the IPCC? I smell a “Nobel” in your future.

We should all elevate phx8 to phx9

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 20, 2019 4:27 PM
Comment #440264

phx8, j2t2, and Ed O’hrealy have no solutions either for global warming that they believe is caused by humans, and then they ignore the elephant in the room (over-population of humans), and doubling every 45 years (or less).

It seems logical to me that IF you believe humans are the cause of global warming, you’d want to give over-population some thought, eh?

Because when the human population doubles again in 45 years (or less) from 7.71 Billion to 15.4 Billion, it seems reasonable to believe that it will increase global warming if you think humans are causing global warming.

So, instead of ignoring the elephant in the room, and blaming everything on Trump and non-Democrats, what is the solution for over-population ?!?

Do you seriously think solar powered homes, solar powered cars, and eliminating all fossil fuels is attainable when so many developing nations will be generating energy in the cheapest way possible (i.e. coal, natural gas, oil, etc.)?

And how did the “New Green Deal” address over-population?

It’s doubtful humans are smart enough to solve the problem. It is more likely that humans will fail to control their own population, and limited resources and human nature will automatically solve the problem the hard way, when over-population leads to inevitable and increasing global famine, wars, disease, and death.
The last time the human population decreased slightly was during “The Black Death - The Plague” in 1348-to-1351, which killed 1.5 million people.
Compare those 1.5 million deaths in year 1351 to the 9 million deaths per year due to starvation (as of year 2018), and the annual growth of the human population by 85.8 Million per year.

So, again, instead of ignoring the elephant in the room, and blaming everything on Trump and non-Democrats, what is the solution for over-population ?!?

Crickets … Crickets … Crickets … Crickets … Crickets …

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 4:40 PM
Comment #440265
phx8 wrote: And THAT matters because my wife and one of my granddaughters are asthmatic.
OH NOOOoooooo … that means phx8 pro-created ! Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 4:44 PM
Comment #440268

Katharine Hayhoe’s MMGW videos are presented cartoon style for good reason. Fake characters giving fake reports.

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 20, 2019 5:01 PM
Comment #440269

LOL! Fake!
It’s so easy, a caveman can understand it!

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 5:04 PM
Comment #440270

You realize, for phx8, j2t2, and Ed O’hrealy, it’s practically blasphemy to trivialize man-made-global warming.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 5:06 PM
Comment #440272

BLASPHEMY you say d.a.n.

Wikipedia writes that; “Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence to a deity, or sacred objects, or toward something considered sacred or inviolable.”

No one doubts that our Liberal/Progressive/Socialist/Communist Pals consider government and pseudo-science a sacred deity.

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 20, 2019 5:12 PM
Comment #440273

LOL! Yes, that appears to be THEIR religion.
The solution to all problems is more bloated, corrupt, wasteful government of nightmare proportions.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 20, 2019 5:18 PM
Comment #440296

Phx8,

Somebody DID say that the world is going to end in 12 years.
Somebody DID say there would be “irretrievable damage to the planet’s habitability for human civilization” by 2016.
Somebody DID say “the entire North polarized cap will disappear in five years,” back in 2008.
And right after saying all that nonsense, they claim we are all going to die, then demand extreme life altering solutions and scream that everybody who disagrees is a ‘science denier,’.
That’s not how you get the support of the masses.

Why is it so hard to admit that the predictions and tactics were/are wrong? Could it be because AOC is right and there is more to it than just the climate?

Posted by: kctim at March 21, 2019 8:09 AM
Comment #440301

Another day in Trump’s America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_EoMmuqVU

Posted by: kctim at March 21, 2019 11:09 AM
Comment #440305

Sort of like the extremists blaming Nick Sandmann, when it was Nathan Phillips and others that were trying to start trouble.
And when you Google it today, most of the links still blame Nick Sandmann.
Nathan Phillips claimed to be a Vietnam vet, which was also a lie (he’s never been in Vietnam, and other true Vietnam vets don’t like that sort of crap).
And the news sources wonder why so many people call it FAKE NEWS MEDIA !?!

Posted by: d.a.n at March 21, 2019 2:20 PM
Comment #440309

Many thanks to all the people who have made this day possible.

ISIS caliphate has crumbled and last stronghold liberated, Fox News has learned

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 21, 2019 4:25 PM
Comment #440430

Let’s see how they like some of their own medicine ?
These spammers just received 1000 times more spam back in their comments, twitter, emails, and facebook accounts.
These spammers were also reported via Google’s Spam Report: Google Webspam Reported
Thank you for submitting a webspam report for www.packagingprinting.co.uk
Google investigates webspam reports, reducing the ranking of the spam webpage in Google search results, takes action when Google uncovers abuse, and in egregious cases, Google removes spam web pages from Google search results.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 23, 2019 4:28 PM
Comment #440431

Many thanks d.a.n. for your efforts in keeping spam and other junk off of Watchblog.

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 23, 2019 4:43 PM
Comment #440433

Thanks Royal.
Many sites shut-down because they could not keep up with the webspam.
Webspam is a growing problem, and most of it is by dishonest SEOs in India, who want people to click on their customers’ links, so that it will raise their rank in Google searches.

The only defense I know of so far is to report it to Google, so that they will actually reduce the rank or remove the site from the search results, AND spam the spammers’ customers back, but many times worse, and in every way possible, and tell them why this is happening, and that
there will be a LOT more of it if they don’t stop webspamming.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 23, 2019 5:16 PM
Comment #440488

Some websites are getting tens and hundreds of thousands of webspam messages per day.

I went to one spammer’s website today (who webspammed WatchBlog.com), and they had a Chat window.
Therefore, I wrote that WatchBlog.com was getting webspam pointing to their site, and asked to to stop it, or I will send webspam to all of their Chat, Facebook, Twitter, contact forms, comments, blog pages, and EMail accounts.
The person on the other end wrote “Good Luck”..
That sort of reminded me of a scene in “Taken”.
Therefore, I wrote tens of thousands of lines of spam (i.e. stating: STOP SPAMMING WatchBlog.com) in multiple messages to their email addresses, blog comments, contact forms, Twitter (except Twitter, which only allows 280 characters), FaceBook, Chat, and even placed some requests for quotes via an online form.
Let’s see how they like some of their own medicine?
Eventually, these dishonest SEOs will get complaints from their customers, and these SEOs will stop spamming, and/or or get fired.
This all gave me an idea. I think I could start a business fighting webspam by fighting fire-with-fire, and I think I could automate portions to speed up the process significantly. These dishonest webspammers (mostly in India) are looking to get people to click on their links to raise the ranking of their customers’ rank in Google and search engine searches. I could care less about that; I’m only interested in finding ways to discourage webspammers from webspamming others’ websites. Fighting fire-with-fire and reporting the websites to Google’s Spam Report form is (so far) the only thing that might work.

Posted by: d.a.n at March 24, 2019 5:47 PM
Comment #440490

Keep up the great work d.a.n. We all owe you our thanks.

Posted by: Royal Flush at March 24, 2019 5:58 PM
Post a comment