Third Party & Independents Archives

Happy Thanksgiving and Trump Is A Racist

Turned on FOX about and they were parading around and having turkey. Switched over to CNN and they were bashing Trump over his phone calls to the military forces. Also, saying that Trump discredited CIA in the Thanksgiving call to military. 24/7 including holidays. What a bunch of overpaid scabs …

And, on this Thanksgiving day, the GOP House issued subpoenas for James Comey and Loretta Lynch. How sweet it is. In my thinking the corrupt FBI managers can’t be far behind and most likely others … .

Interesting too, that SCJ Roberts, an ole Bush apte and globalist, is complaining that President Trump is not being nice to judges

Posted by Roy Ellis at November 22, 2018 11:35 AM
Comments
Comment #434746

The U.S. asylum law is ridiculous, in that it does not disqualify the illegal immigrant from applying for asylum for the first-time trespass of the U.S. border, and possibly not for subsequent trespass of the U.S. border (if a prior deportation was not based on an aggravated felony).

Congress is culpable too. Democrats want open-borders, and despicably pit U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for votes (i.e. more representation and re-apportionment in the House, via more representatives (and electors) based on population, based on a Decenial Census that does not verify citizenship), and both Democrats and Republicans despicably pit U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for profits from cheap labor.

Monday, a U.S. district judge (John Tigar) in San Francisco (the liberal 9th district, of course, which has been over-turned MANY times) blocked the Trump administration from denying asylum to migrants who crossed the southern border illegally, saying the president violated a “clear command” from Congress to allow them to apply.

The law states the following about criminal records, and eligibility for asylum.

If the person has a criminal record that includes any of the following, that person will not be eligible for asylum:

  • (1)conviction of a particularly serious crime (i.e. an aggravated felony conviction);
  • (2)commission of a serious non-political crime outside the U.S.;
  • (3)reasons to believe that you are a danger to the security of the U.S.;
  • (4)participation in terrorist activities;
  • (5)or, persecution of others;
These criminal bars to asylum are mandatory. That is, even IF the immigrant meets the definition of a “refugee”, they will not be granted asylum once an Asylum Officer or an Immigration Judge finds that the immigrant is barred due to conviction of a serious crime.

Serious crimes include:

  • Aggravated felony convictions: By statute, all aggravated felonies are automatically considered “particularly serious crimes.” The U.S. immigration law’s definition of “aggravated felony,” which is different than the criminal law definition, includes these crimes: murder; drug/firearm/explosives trafficking; money laundering of more than $10,000; theft or violent crime with a sentence order of at least one year (it is irrelevant if it was suspended or if you had to serve only a part of it); s*xual abuse of a minor or child pornography; spying; prostitution; fraud or tax evasion worth over $10,000; smuggling of undocumented aliens (except a first offense to help your immediate family members); illegal entry or reentry after a deportation based on an aggravated felony; perjury with a sentence of at least one year; and drug-related convictions (except possession for your own use of 30 grams or less of marijuana).
  • Violent or dangerous crimes convictions: Violent or dangerous crimes might bar asylum. These crimes are not clearly defined in the immigration law, although they normally require evidence of your intention to commit them, and that they caused harm or might have caused harm to people or property (for example, felony assaults, and s*x crimes).
  • Convictions of other crimes: An Asylum Officer or an Immigration Judge has discretion to determine that a crime, despite being neither an aggravated felony nor violent or dangerous, is “particularly serious.” Such a finding will depend on the particular facts of your case: the nature of the conviction; how long your sentence was; the type of your sentence; the specific facts that led to your conviction; whether you are likely to be a danger to the community; your work and criminal history; whether you have family members who are U.S. citizens; how long you have lived in the U.S.; and whether you have been paying U.S. taxes. A single conviction of a misdemeanor is normally not considered a “particularly serious crime.”
  • A conviction of a “particularly serious crime” outside the U.S.: will bar you from obtaining asylum (see violations listed above); Serious Crimes outside the U.S. There is no requirement that you were actually convicted of a serious non-political crime. You can be barred from asylum eligibility if an Asylum Officer or an Immigration Judge finds “probable cause” (that is, reasonable belief) that you had committed such a crime. Also, you need not have personally carried out the crime: If you provided support to others committing a crime, you might be barred from asylum. Many asylum applicants had been arrested, convicted, and spent time in jail in their home countries simply because their governments were persecuting them. That forms a basis for many asylum claims. If you were convicted of a crime in your home country, and that conviction is part of the persecution you had suffered, be sure to explain this in great detail in your asylum application.
  • Persecuting Others: You will not be eligible for asylum if you ordered, encouraged, or helped in any way in hurting or threatening (that is, “persecuting”) others because of their “protected ground” (race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion). That is, even if you had been persecuted yourself because of a protected ground, you cannot meet the definition of a “refugee” if you also persecuted others. There is some uncertainty whether the persecutor bar applies even if you were forced to be involved in the persecution of others. If the U.S.government argues that this bar applies to you, you can improve your chances of obtaining asylum by showing that you did not know about the full scope of activities of the people who were forcing you to help them, and that your involvement with them was in no way related to their persecution of others.
  • Serious non-Political Crimes: You might not be granted asylum if there is good reason to believe that you had committed a serious nonpolitical crime outside the U.S. before arriving here. A “serious nonpolitical crime” is defined as follows:
    • you did not commit it for purely political reasons or to try to change the political structure of a country, and
    • there is no direct connection between your crime and any alleged political purpose.
  • Even if you committed a crime for purely political reasons, it might bar your asylum claim if your actions were disproportionate in comparison to your objectives (that is, if your acts were atrocious or very barbaric).
    There is no requirement that you were actually convicted of a serious non-political crime. You can be barred from asylum eligibility if an Asylum Officer or an Immigration Judge finds “probable cause” (that is, reasonable belief) that you had committed such a crime. Also, you need not have personally carried out the crime: If you provided support to others committing a crime, you might be barred from asylum.
  • Danger to the Security of the U.S. and/or Terrorist Activities: If there are reasons to believe that you are a danger to the security of the U.S., you will not be granted asylum. There is very little guidance on what facts can bring a person under this bar, and it often overlaps with the terrorist bar.
    You will not be granted asylum if the terrorist bar applies to you – that is, if any of the following are true:
    • you had engaged in terrorist activity;
    • there is reasonable ground to believe that you would engaged in terrorism in the U.S.;
    • you had ever encouraged terrorist activity (expressing an intention to cause death or serious harm);
    • you are a member of a foreign terrorist organization or a group that encourages terrorism;
    • you personally endorse or support terrorism;
    • or, you had been trained by or for any group that was at that time a terrorist organization;
    The U.S. government publishes a list of groups that it considers to be terrorist organizations. In addition, Asylum Officers and Immigration Judges can find other groups to be terrorists.
    There is a lot of controversy about how broadly “terrorist activity” and “terrorism” are defined. To reduce your chances of being subject to the terrorist bar, you should show that you did not know that a group you were helping was involved in terrorist activities, or that you did not know that persons you were helping were members of such a group. Also, you might want to show that your “help” to them was indirect or very insignificant, and in no way related to their terrorist activities. Showing that you were forced to help them might also be helpful.
    Because the law in this area is unclear, you should consult an attorney if you think that this bar might apply to you.
  • If You Have a Criminal Record (inside or outside of the U.S.A.): A criminal conviction — either in the U.S. or in another country — could have additional negative effects on your eligibility for immigration benefits beyond your asylum claim. It might, for example, make you ineligible to re-enter the U.S. after travel, to obtain a green card, or to receive U.S. citizenship. You could be deported or removed at various stages of your immigration proceedings if you have a criminal record.
    A conviction of an aggravated felony will also bar voluntary departure (which allows you to leave the U.S. voluntarily, at your own expense instead of being removed). Voluntary departure has great advantages over removal, if you have no other likely defense: If you are deported, you will not be allowed to enter the U.S.for five or ten years (depending on the reason for your removal). If you are deported a second time, you will be not be allowed to enter for 20 years. (If you are deported for an aggravated felony, you will probably never be allowed to re-enter.) Voluntary departure does not result in those prohibitions. If you have no defense to removal, try to be removed based on your unlawful presence instead of based on your criminal record, and seek voluntary departure.
    Therefore, if you have a criminal record, you really should consult an immigration attorney (as well as a criminal attorney). If possible, ask the criminal court to vacate (erase) your conviction or lower your sentence, assuming you have good reasons for doing so (for example, if you had pleaded guilty without realizing that it would lead to your deportation). If your criminal case is ongoing while you are seeking immigration benefits, make sure to file a motion to continue your immigration case until after your criminal trial is completed.
There was a reporter interviewing one illegal immigrant (in the Caravan in NOV-2018) who had already been deported for “attempted murder”, and the illegal immigrant said would find some way into the U.S.A. (i.e. not through legal entry points).

A study by the (www.gao.gov/htext/d05646r.html) GAO (GAO Report GAO-05-646R) found the following (for a study group of 55,332 illegal immigrants (only 12.7% of all 436,313 illegal immigrants) incarcerated during 1 year (1-JUL-2002 to 30-JUN-2003) in 7 of 50 states: Colorado, Florida, Montana, Oklahoma, Oregon, New Jersey, and North Carolina):

  • the study group of 55,332 illegal immigrants is only 12.7% of all 436,313 illegal immigrants incarcerated in year 2003; the total number of people incarcerated in all state and federal prisons and jails was 1,470,045 (in 2003, 29% (436,313) were illegal immigrants; as of year 2018, 32% of all persons in federal prison are illegal immigrants);
  • each illegal immigrant was arrested an average of 8 times;
  • 80% of all arrests were in 3 states: California(58%), Texas(14%), and Arizona(8%);
  • 97% were arrested more than once;
  • 38% were arrested 2-to-5 times;
  • 32% were arrested 6-to-10 times;
  • 26% were arrested 11 or more times;
  • 80% of arrestes occurred after year 1990;
  • 5,992 of all offenses were homicides (since year 1947), which is an average of 101 homicides per year (only for the study group 55,332 illegal immigrants in 7 of 50 states; extrapolating 101 for 7 states, that would be about 721 homicides per year in year 2003, 15 years ago);
  • Total Arrests: 459,614
  • Total Criminal Offenses: 691,890
  • Average number of criminal offenses per illegal immigrant: 13

By the way, Mexico already offerred all of the illegal immigrants to apply for asylum in Mexico.
That alone should make any requests for asylum somewhat suspect.
The following helps explain why they many refuse the offer of asylum in Mexico.
Welfare Use for Illegal Immgrants and Native Households in year 2012:

  • Any type of Welfare Use:
  • ############# (30% Native U.S. citizens)
  • ################################## (62% Illegal immigrants)
  • Food:
  • ########## (22% Native U.S. citizens)
  • ############################## (57% Illegal Immigrants)
  • Medicaid:
  • ######### 23% Native U.S. citizens
  • ########################## (51% Illegal Immigrants)
  • Cash welfare:
  • ####### (10% Native U.S. citizens)
  • ####(5% Illegal Immigrants)
  • Housing:
  • ### (6% Native U.S. citizens)
  • ## (4% Illegal Immigrants)
Illegal immigration costs U.S. citizens $279 Billion in net losses per year: Source: www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jan/23/donald-trump/does-immigration-policy-impose-300-billion-annuall/

What is the time spent and cost of all of this?

Estimates range from $116 Billion, up to $327 Billion, but none of those estimates include all costs.

FairUS.org estimates the cost for each individual state (source: fairus.org/search?keywords=cost+of+illegal+immigration), and then for the entire nation, which is estimated to be $116 Billion per year.

However, that does not include all costs, because statistics are not available for many of the costs (e.g. cost of crime for victims and survivors of crime by illegal immigrants; the cost of displaced jobs for U.S. citizens; cost of displaced U.S. citizens who go to college and pay out-of-state-tuition, but illegal immigrants pay in-state tution; welfare fraud; Medicaid fraud; 70% of all babies born at Dallas Parkland Hospital are by illegal immigrants; voting by illegal immigrants; the cost of once almost irradicated diseases, such as one illegal alien in Santa Barbara, California infected 56 other people with tuberculosis as reported on 24-APR-2004, by the Santa Barbara Press-News, “Anatomy of an Outbreak”; etc., etc. etc.).

It is hard to get all of the information, because Democrats do not want U.S. citizens to know how much it costs (not only money, but thousands of people that have been killed or harmed in numerous other ways).

NOTE: Democrats, and many on the left, call for restricting or eliminating 2nd Amendment rights, and say it is worth it “even if it saves only ONE life.”

However, apparently, many Democrats do not feel the same way about U.S. citizens (about 1,000 per year; exact numbers are not available) killed by illegal immigrants each year.
Democrats will try to obfuscate and try to tell you that illegal immigrants commit less crime than U.S. citizens, but there is really no proof of that, because there has really been no thorough crime studies across all states.

However, you have to wonder, because 12 million illegal immigrants is only 3.66% of the 328 Million U.S. population, but 32% of everyone in federal prison is an illegal immigrant (total illegal immigrant population in 2003 was over 1.47 Million according to GAO Report GAO-05-646R).

Posted by: d.a.n at November 23, 2018 2:05 PM
Comment #434748

And yes, some call Trump a racist for trying to secure the borders, despite national security supposedly being the #1 responsibility of the federal government of the U.S.A.

Don Rosenberg, the father of Drew Rosenberg (age 25) stated:

    “The number one responsibility of the federal government is to protect the citizenry. We have been betrayed by successive administrations who have allowed campaign contributions and votes to supersede that responsibility with the result being the deaths of tens of thousands of our loved ones.”

Roberto Galo, an unlicensed driver from Honduras who entered the U.S. illegally, but earned temporary protective status (TPS), killed Drew Rosenberg, a second-year law student, on November 16, 2010 in San Francisco, California. Rosenberg was riding his motorcycle when Galo ran over him three times with his car. Galo was convicted of vehicular manslaughter and sentenced to 6 months in jail. USCIS refused to deport him and he was released after serving only 43 days. Thanks to the Rosenberg family’s activism, Galo was finally deported on April 4, 2013.

More …

Posted by: d.a.n at November 23, 2018 2:18 PM
Comment #434777

Right on, d.a.n. IMO US citizens have been treated really badly re open borders immigration by the globalist GOP/dims.

At this point I question Trumps sincerity in getting control of immigration. Here we are at 2 years into his admin and, few things have changed. Trump has a chance to prove he means business tween now and Xmas. He can shut down the border and he can shut down gov’t to get control of immigration and get more $$ for the wall. Still, at this rate it will take him another six years to get the wall built. Which is better than no wall fer shure. All I am left with is ‘sorry assed politicians’.

Tonight heard a Hillary spiel that she suggest Europe get control of their borders re immigration as populism is about to take over. That is a most clear sign that she is seriously looking at a run in 2020. Hillary also flipped on the defensive marriage act and don’t ask, don’t tell.

I’m starting to have my doubts that few, if any, of the conspiratists will ever be pursued. What can I say, ‘sorry, sorry assed politicians’? Third party badly needed…

Posted by: Roy Ellis at November 23, 2018 8:10 PM
Comment #434822

Activist judges have stood in Trump’s way throughout his presidency. That we can see.

What we can’t see are people in his administration standing in his way. What insubordination has been hidden from us? Does Trump have people working in his administration that are subverting his authority and he doesn’t know about it?

We say someone working for the federal government cannot get fired. Do we know if someone who has tried to support Trump gets terminated for his troubles and Trump doesn’t hear anything about it? Perhaps someone who tries to adhere to Trump’s policies gets the boot for some manufactured cause at the employee level and Trump never hears about it. I’ve witnessed people stating emphatically they cannot speak up against their superiors because they will lose their job. How do we know this isn’t happening to Trump supporters in his administration and that’s why we see a 2 year delay in him installing his changes?

Maybe it isn’t Trump who is incompetent, it is the holdovers in his administration that are the incompetent/insubordinate parties.


Posted by: Weary Willie at November 24, 2018 2:03 PM
Comment #434828

The past few days the mainstream media has been touting government reports of future cost of global warming. However, I have not seen this report. We wonder why.

Don’t Tell Anyone, But We Just Had Two Years Of Record-Breaking Global Cooling>/strong>

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-global-warming-earth-cooling-media-bias/

With Demos preparing for leadership in the House, and fluffy, unscientific reports about the future cost of global warming, a perfect scenario has formed that will allow the Dems to demand more spending to effect a change in climate.

Now, we all know how stupid and greedy most politicians are. Just imagine, some Leftys believe these false reports of man being in charge of climate and are willing to spend trillions of taxpayer dollars to prove it.

Posted by: Royal Flush at November 24, 2018 3:23 PM
Comment #434831

WW, I don’t pretend to understand the details of gov’t but I can’t believe that, after six months or so, there would be any dim holdovers in the admin. Trump can fire anybody at will as I understand it. I believe the problem is that people who get hired have their own agenda and act on it when they think they can get away with it.

I worry that we the people are getting screwed when Trump does something like hold on to Jeff Sessions. I would feel better about things if I understood why Trump did that. Why are we out here at two years and nobody has gone to jail yet re the conspiracy.

Talk about not understanding details of gov’t. We hear this evening that Trump and Mexico have cooked up a deal whereby asylum seekers must apply on the Mexican side of their border. Why have other admins found this simple solution to the ‘one foot over the border’ for asylum seekers?

On Mark Levin tonight he talks about the borders and some states turning blue. Much of reason is coalition of suburban elites and poor has put the dims on top. Sez in 20 years the melting pot assimilartion will return things to normal, balanced political. Not the content of our DNA per Martin Luther King, it’s the color of one’s skin that counts according to the dims. Many college kids are arrogant, indocrinated and ignorant, and many are jobless after six years of college.

Posted by: Roy Ellis at November 24, 2018 8:03 PM
Comment #434839

Sorry assed politicians. We desperately need a new 3rd party.

Posted by: Roy ellis at November 25, 2018 4:28 PM
Comment #434848
Roy Ellis wrote: Why are we out here at two years and nobody has gone to jail yet re the conspiracy.
Because there is “the law for bureaucrats and the rich”, and there is “the law for everyone else”. Some go to jail (see this list: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_federal_politicians_convicted_of_crimes), but many get away with serious violations (such as Hillary Clinton and Senator Robert Menendez).

The Supreme Court is culpable too, essentially, by stripping anti-corruption legislation from campaign finance laws and anti-bribery laws (which is partially how a jury found U.S. Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) not guilty for Menendez pushing in Congress for a change in a law that benefitted a Super PAC that donated $600,000 to Menendez, and received many other personal favors. The charges against Menendez and the ophthalmologist, Dr. Melgen were that Dr. Melgen gave Senator Menendez a combination of personal favors, including airline flights, vacations, and political favors, including campaign contributions, in addition to Super PAC contributions of $600,000. In exchange, Senator Menendez [ab]used the power of his office to serve Dr. Melgen in 3 ways: (1)He pushed for a Medicaid reimbursement policy change, (2)Menendez intervened in a dispute about enforcing a company’s contract for port security with the Dominican Republic, and (3)Menendez helped Melgen’s friends get visas. Scumbags. How is that not illegal? Once again, it all proves that the federal government is FOR-SALE !

Hillary Clinton broke the law (for sending classified information through personal email, and for destroying emails), and James Comey and Loretta Lynch (and others in the FBI and DOJ) protected Hillary from being prosecuted. Other people have spent time in prison for less. And Loretta Lynch subsequently met secretly in a private meeting Bill Clinton in Phoenix (29-JUN-2016) to signal Hillary’s exoneration decision by Comey. Hillary Clinton claimed that the private meeting happened by mere “chance”. Scum bags. It was later proven on 5-AUG-2017 that the meeting was “planned”. Lorreta Lynch used an alias email name of “Elizabeth Carlisle” in the letter to Bill Clinton about the meeting in Phoenix on 29-JUN-2016. The public exoneration statements for Hillary were created before the meeting between Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton. Peter Strzok was involved in editing and softening the Comey exoneration draft statement, and texts between Strzok and Lisa Page indicate that Loretta Lynch knew in advance that Hillary would be exonerated by Comey. And then there is the Steele dossier (another can of worms that reveals collusion in the deep state to try to destroy Trump for collusion between Trump and Russia, without a shred of credible evidence, to date, 2 years later).

I am an independent, but I voted Republican this time on 06-NOV-2018, because Democrats have shifted so radically far left, and because many Democrats want the following:

  • [01]Democrats want open borders (WHY? for votes via re-apportionment of representatives based on population, based on CENSUS, which does not verify citizenship; it is despicable);
  • [02]Democrats want another amnesty like in 1989, which quadrupled the number of illegal immigrants from about 3 million to 12 million;
  • [03]Democrats want more sanctuary cities and states, like California, where Democrats have passed sanctuary city and sanctuary state laws that protect criminal illegal immigrants (i.e. an illegal immigrant by the name of Garcia Zarate (who had already been deported 5 times) can shoot and murder Kate Steinle, and be acquitted for that murder, despite Zarate admitting to shooting the weapon that killed Kate Steinle (which should have been, at the very least, manslaughter);
  • [04]Democrats want more low-life state Attorney Generals, like A.G. Xavier Baccera (California), who threatens to prosecute anyone who assists ICE in arresting illegal immigrants;
  • [05]Democrats want more low-life mayors like Libby Schaaf (Oakland, CA), who warns illegal immigrants (including criminal illegal immigrants) before an ICE raid to arrest criminal illegal immigrants;
  • [06]Democrats want to pander to illegal immigrants for votes (via more representation in the House, via more U.S. House representatives, via apportionment of representatives (and electoral votes), based on population, based on the decenial CENSUS, which does not verify U.S. citizenship, and Democrats are fighting against a check-box on the CENSUS, despite the check-box being totally inadequate to prove citizenship; Democrats disguise their desire for power for THEIR party as compassion for illegal immigrants, while despicably pitting U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for votes;
  • [07]Democrats want to raise taxes; taxes are already high enough; the federal government already spends about $3 Trillion per year; the federal government receives more than enough money already, and needs to cut spending across the board (except, perhaps, for national security (including border security), which is the #1 responsibility of the federal government); by the way, to put things in perspective, consider $15 Billion for a more effective border wall, and another $8 Billion per year monitoring and securing the border, compared to $70 Billion per year in Medicare Fraud, and $272 Billion per year in healthcare fraud!
  • [08]Democrats want to reward failure and laziness; Demorats want a nanny state with citizens increasingly dependent on the government; Democrats want more massive, corrupt, and inefficient cradle-to-grave government programs (e.g. failed Obamacare; bankrupt Social Security; $70 Billion per year in Medicare fraud; ); Democrats want to try to disguise their envy and jealousy as demands for equality (yet, the tax system is still actually regressive as evidenced by Mitt Romney who paid 15% on $21 Million, but a person making $40K per year is paying 32.7% in income, S.S., and Medicare taxes, which does not include the matching S.S. and Medicare taxes paid by the employer); No wonder thieves love the U.S. Obama-care and Medicare systems (i.e. estimated $272 Billion in fraud in 2014)!?!
  • [09]Democrats want to embrace “Guilty until proven innocent”; the end of the rule-of-law (e.g. the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation); most voters say the Main Stream Media treats those accused of s*xual assault as “Guilty Until Proven Innocent”, especially if they are Republican or conservative, and unless it is a Democrat such as Rep. Keith Ellison (Democrat Rep. of MN) accused of abuse by Karen Monahan; and Sen. Mazie Hirono (Democrat Senator of HI) said “men need shut up and stand up” (regarding Kavanaugh confirmation), without a shred of evidence;
  • [10]Democrats want to abolish the 2nd amendment; many Democrats and many on the left call for restricting or eliminating 2nd Amendment rights, and say it is worth it “even if it saves only ONE life”, but ignore the U.S. citizens (almost 1000 per year) killed by illegal immigrants; 32% of everyone in federal prison is an illegal immigrant (total illegal immigrant population in prison in 2003 was over 1.47 Million according to GAO Report GAO-05-646R);
  • [11]Democrats want to encourage forcible and violent suppression of opposition (an element of fascism); and many want to incite violence, harassment, and mob-like behavior. For example…

So, voting Republican was the lesser of two evils.
A LOT of Republicans did not vote, because Republicans were outnumbered by Democrats in the 6-NOV-2018 election (although, there were a record number of voters for any mid-term election).

Perhaps many Republicans are jumping ship?
The Trump administration had many successes.
However, one of the most important (it not most important) issues with most Republican voters was illegal immigration.
And today, there are many thousands (possibly tens of thousands) of illegal immigrants requesting asylum at the border, and Democrats and Republicans created this problem, because Democrats want open-borders, and despicably pit U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for votes (i.e. more representation and re-apportionment in the House, via more representatives (and electors) based on population, based on a Decennial Census that does not verify citizenship), and both Democrats and Republicans despicably pit U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for profits from cheap labor.

Posted by: d.a.n at November 25, 2018 6:42 PM
Comment #434878

Thank you for that extremely revealing post d.a.n.

Is this country ever divided? I can’t think of one thing the left and right would really agree on.

Once Trump got the economy up and running, best in our history, the main issue of the people shifted to immigration.

The left wants things left as they are. The right wants control of the borders and bigtime immigration reform. No middle ground to be found.

The left wants to repeal the tax cuts. The right appreciates Trumps tax cuts. No middle ground here.

The left wants to spend zillions on environmental issues. The right wants little to no money spent on the environment. No middle ground here.

The left wants a smaller defense footprint. The right wants an overpowering defense footprint. No middle ground here.

And so on … education, healthcare, etc…

No only a divided country, the left lost control of their socialist agenda and are deadly desperate to regain, no matter the cost or rational. They are working feverously against Trumps reworking of the trade agreements, hoping he will badly fail. They are working hard to pit Trump against Putin so the left can come to the rescue in 2020. They would love nothing more than a nuclear standoff with Putin.
The left would be gleeful if the border patrol shot up a coupla hundred people trying to break thru.

How did it come to be that the country is so divided?
Loss of right to have a religious moment in the schools, a dim think from some what, maybe Lyndon Johnson?

Education. Public schools in so many big cities failed to educate the young folks. Colleges/Univs catered to the wealthy liberal donors, creating a plethora of misguided, uneducated, young people, many unable to find jobs in their fields of education.

Immigration. Zillions of folks brought in to the country and catered to by the dims a la welfare, medical, living, education other types of assistance. Some have right to vote, free higher education and so on … Yet they have no affinity for the US Constitution, patriotism, don’t know/don’t care about US history, no civics education. They just want to vote for more free stuff and to get their families over before the gate shuts.

So delighted that Trump ‘came down the elevator’. I doubt if he can straighten it all out over the next six years but I believe he will give it all he’s got toward that end. I mean, 3 visits to Miss. today. Unheard of for a US President to work that hard. The dims hate his guts but I bet that, way down deep, they have respect for his work ethic. I’d be willing to bet that Hillary was still in the bed at 10am this morning, and so on …

Posted by: Roy Ellis at November 26, 2018 7:25 PM
Comment #434880

Europe is in turmoil. In France, citizens protesting tax hikes on fossil fuel are in the streets and very angry.

In Germany, Merkel is on her way out as citizens are feeling, and reeling from, the huge numbers of immigrants Merkel welcomed with open arms.

Great Britain can’t seem to find the formula to make Brexit palatable to a majority in Parliament.

Italy is the third-largest economy in the euro zone, but its exceptionally high public debt and heavy government regulation is worrying to the banking and investment community.

The United States stands nearly alone in the world as a growing and vibrant economy. President Trump can claim much credit for our success.

Posted by: Royal Flush at November 26, 2018 7:43 PM
Comment #434881

San Diego Border Patrol Chief: Migrants Pushed Women & Children To Front Of Clash As They Assaulted Officers

This is from an interesting interview on CNN.

https://freedomoutpost.com/san-diego-border-patrol-chief-migrants-pushed-women-children-to-front-of-clash-as-they-assaulted-officers/

Posted by: Royal Flush at November 26, 2018 7:53 PM
Comment #434883

I failed to include a real biggie in my last comment.

MSM/communist news network: propaganda from the MSM has been hugely effective in dividing the country. I realize more everyday the effect it had on me over the years.

One area is our history. The MSM/communist news network has railed against our history to the point where folks are like, ‘embarrassed’ to talk about certain aspects of history. In Miss. the GOP senator/candidate had a picture taken with civil war features around her, a museum or similar and she is being made out as a pariah, despot, nazi and so on, by the MSM.

The civil war is part of our history. It is part of Miss’s history. It is not for the MSM/communist news network to decide what Miss or southern folks should feel, say, or do about the civil war.

The Senator also jokingly made a statement like ‘if he showed up and a public hanging I’d be on the front row’. Should a liberal have said that, ‘crickets’. But, the MSM has all these numbnut, illiterate pundits who not been within a 1000 miles of Miss. calling her a pariah, despot, nazi, and so on …

1/3 of El Salvador’s population lives here. More Somali doctors in Chicago than the total in Somali. Good way to knock the legs out from under developing countries…

MSM propaganda has prevented us from talking numbers re immigrants. Certainly, neither party would ever talk numbers. But, just how many immigrants can/should this country accept? Same number during bad times as good times? Can’t ask those questions. You would be a racist, despot, xenophobe, nazi and so on… How about a sliding scale based on economy and/or some other factoids.

3rd party w/rules needed desperately … Save our country/Constitution …

Posted by: Roy Ellis at November 26, 2018 8:40 PM
Comment #434886

Watched some of Trump today in Ms. He is spot on being in tune with his conservative/independent base. I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be re-elected in 2020.

That’s a great feeling to know that we will be secure for the next six years or so.

And, it is likely he will get to appoint at least one other SCJ during his presidency. More reason to feel good.

Another great achievement today in putting a 3rd rover on Mars. Yet more feel good.

Posted by: Roy Ellis at November 26, 2018 10:02 PM
Comment #434887

It was a very unhappy Thanksgiving Day for the parents of Amanda Ferguson Weyant (age 28).
Amanda was killed by a hit-and-run illegal immigrant (by the name of Joel Velazquez, who already had a criminal record, and was out of jail on bond from a previous assault charge in 2017).
Joel Velazquez struck and killed Amanda Weyant, who was walking in the crosswalk (on 22-NOV-2018 01:45AM in El Paso, Texas).
Joel Velazquez then abandoned the vehicle (a 1996 Chevy Cavalier) farther east on the same street (i.e. about 1300 Cincinnati).
The Chevy Cavalier had hood damage and a shattered windshield.
The El Paso Police arrested arrested Joel Velazquez.
Amanda was a sixth grade teacher at Eastwood Heights Elementary School in El Paso, Texas.

Roy Ellis wrote:
  • Once Trump got the economy up and running, best in our history, the main issue of the people shifted to immigration.
  • The left wants things left as they are. The right wants control of the borders and bigtime immigration reform. No middle ground to be found.
  • The left wants to repeal the tax cuts. The right appreciates Trumps tax cuts. No middle ground here.
  • The left wants to spend zillions on environmental issues. The right wants little to no money spent on the environment. No middle ground here.
  • The left wants a smaller defense footprint.
Yep…many Democrats and many on the left want those things, and worse.

Voter turn-out in the 2016 election was about 122 Million (53.0% of 231 Million eligible voters).

Voter turn-out in the 2018 mid-term election was 113 Million (49.2% of 231 Million eligible voters).
About 51.7 Million (45.8% of 113 Million) Democrats voted in the 2018 mid-term.
About 47.4 Million (41.9% of 113 Million) Republicans voted in the 2018 mid-term.
About 13.9 Million (12.3% of 113 Million) voted otherwise in the 2018 mid-term.
Almost all of the races were close (most were like 49%-to-51, etc.).

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, while more voters voted (about 113 Million (a record mid-term turn-out since 1966, based on percentage of eligible voters), over half (about 118 Million) of eligible voters did not participate, over 4 Million more people voted Democrat than people that voted Republican, and there were about 9 million fewer voters than 2016.

But, at least it was not as bad as the following:

  • Democrats lost 54 seats in 104th Congress (1995-to-1997); 21 years ago, 54 (from D-to-R) is greater than 38 HOUSE seats flipped so far in 2018.
  • Democrats lost 63 seats in 112th Congress (2011-to-2013); 5 years ago, 64 (from D-to-R) is greater than 38 HOUSE seats flipped so far in 2018.

Roy Ellis wrote: But, just how many immigrants can/should this country accept? Same number during bad times as good times? Can’t ask those questions. You would be a racist, despot, xenophobe, nazi and so on.
1.2 Million people were already allowed to legally immigrate to the U.S. last year, and it is usually about 1 Million per year.

How about ZERO, until Congress pulls their heads out, and gets serious about the following:

  • [1] Secure and continuously monitor the borders; the cost to do so will be far less than the $279 -to- $296 Billion in annual net losses due to illegal immigration (source#1: www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jan/23/donald-trump/does-immigration-policy-impose-300-billion-annuall/ ; source#2: www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/21/mass-immigration-costs-govt-296-billion-year-natio/);
  • [2] Pass laws to require eVerify (and/or similar services) to verify eligibility for employment in the U.S., and harshly prosecute greedy illegal employers with harsh fines that double, triple, or quadruple for subsequent violations, with jail-time for the administrators and/or owners of companies who are repeat offenders, an despicably pit U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for profits;
  • [3] Arrest and deport ALL criminal illegal immigrants that have committed felonies; some criminal illegal immigrants are too dangerous to release since they could return; many illegal immigrants will self-deport when all of the magnets that attract illegal immigrants to the U.S. are eliminated;
  • [4] Protect U.S. citizens’ benefits and privileges, and deny those benefits and privileges to all illegal immigrants (i.e. welfare; food stamps; free healthcare; Medicaid; free housing; free education; jobs; driver licenses; voting; voter registration; etc.);
  • [5] Also, amend 14th to remove birthright citizenship; Also, pass a law that makes the first illegal trespass of the U.S. border a felony (not merely a misdemeanor); 2nd and subsequent illegal border trespasses are already a felony; also pass a law to end “catch and release”, and incarcerate illegal immigrants (who have already violated U.S. law(s)) until their disposition is decided by the court(s); also ensure that there are sufficient resources to house and maintain illegal immigrants until their dispostion is decided by the court(s);
  • [6] ONLY after the above are implemented, consider a pathway to citizenship (not amnesty) for illegal immigrants who can prove that they were brought to the United States by a parent when very young (when less than age X1-to-X2), have been living in the U.S. for Y1-to-Y2 years, have attended U.S. schools for Z1-to-Z2 years), have no parents or gaurdians that support them, can pass a basic English test, and have little or no connection to the nation in which they were born. That privilege does not extend to any other members or acquaintances of their family. This will be an expensive and painful process, and it won’t be perfect, but it will only get much worse the longer we wait to do it. The amnesty of 1989 quadrupled the number of illegal immigrants within the U.S.A.;
  • [7] Then, after [3] is mostly complete, deport ALL illegal immigrants that commit misdemeanor crimes (i.e. assault; using fake ID; driving without a driver license, which they should not have anyway, and is therefore probably a fake license; speeding; reckless driving; disorderly conduct; vandalism; etc.);
  • [8] Carefully scrutinize all requests for asylum, and enforce the laws required to obtain asylum in the U.S.;
IF none of that motivates Republicans and conservatives, then perhaps they can be motivated by the extinction of THEIR own party, borders, and other constitutional rights, because Republicans and conservatives are being replaced, slowly, but surely, by people that do not respect any of the U.S. immigration laws, many other U.S. laws, nor the U.S. Constitution.

And don’t believe the lies about illegal immigrants committing less crime than U.S. citizens, because much of the data available does not prove that, and it also does not explain how 32% of everyone in federal prison is an illegal immigrant. Also, those are all crimes that should have never happened (Source: cis.org/Huennekens/32-Federal-Inmates-Are-Aliens ).

Otherwise, say Good bye Republicans, and say Hello to Socialism and Venezuela style government.
It’s not that far fetched, if only 1 or 2 more large states flip blue.
Then, perhaps there are no longer enough conservatives to (at least, enough left in the 118 Million eligible voters that did not bother to vote) to want stop those that want this (i.e. what Democrats want…)?

Posted by: d.a.n at November 26, 2018 10:28 PM
Comment #434898

I have one of the most useful tutorial for you just follow the steps from our tutorial and get learn that how to find wifi password on windows 10 operating system in easiest way without wasting time.

Posted by: Himanshu mishra at November 27, 2018 1:12 AM
Comment #434930
Once Trump got the economy up and running, best in our history, the main issue of the people shifted to immigration.


Maybe the best in our history by Trumps standards Roy but not in the real world. Great timing putting this rubbish out the same day GM announces 15,000 layoffs are coming in North America, yeah I know not because of the Trump tariffs…right?

The left wants things left as they are. The right wants control of the borders and bigtime immigration reform. No middle ground to be found.

Were this an actual reflection of the facts one has to wonder why the right has put forth any legislation to control the borders and reform immigration. All we have seen is Trump and EO’s during his first two years.

The left wants to repeal the tax cuts. The right appreciates Trumps tax cuts. No middle ground here


Even after the tax cuts failed to deliver as promised? All we have seen from Trumps tax cuts are deficits and more deficits and debt. Are you guys foolish enough to think that by expanding the military and cutting human services the debt will go away? Whatever happened to Repub fiscal responsibility?

the left lost control of their socialist agenda and are deadly desperate to regain, no matter the cost or rational. They are working feverously against Trump’s reworking of the trade agreements, hoping he will badly fail.


Exactly what is “the left” doing against the trade agreements of Trumps? Be specific Roy.

They are working hard to pit Trump against Putin so the left can come to the rescue in 2020. They would love nothing more than a nuclear standoff with Putin

Once again Roy some facts, please. Why would we gain from a nuclear standoff and who is promoting this on the left?
.

The left would be gleeful if the border patrol shot up a coupla hundred people trying to break thru.


Is this yet another false accusation Roy? Is it factual or is it in your head only? I mean from what I have read “the left” is distraught from the tear gas fired at these same people, but if they were shot we would be gleeful! Have you completely lost your sense of decency Roy?


I would suggest the reason we are still so divided is much more complicated than your babble, Roy. It is because for the past three decades it was intentional and useful for those in power. Just as Trump has upped the game with his intentional lies the corporations and the uber-wealthy leaders of the conservative movement needed the division to gain power in the country. The rich cannot gain power and wealth when the people of a democracy are united.


You do spout off with so many false narratives Roy and that is the second reason we are so divided. False facts like those we constantly see from D. is another reason. The fact that the Tea Party refuses to compromise is yet another reason. The indoctrination of the ill-informed and the misinformed is why this happens so easily. IMHO. You have contributed greatly to this with your posts here.


I could list so many examples but it would be futile as you guys do not have the ability to discern truth from the fiction you spew daily.

Posted by: j2t2 at November 27, 2018 4:00 PM
Comment #434931

“GM announces 15,000 layoffs are coming in North America, yeah I know not because of the Trump tariffs…right?”

Another “shoot-from-the-hip” statement from a Liberal who never reads beyond the headlines. I won’t even bother to inform j2t2…he is simply too lazy to get facts.

Let’s allow j2t2 to remain uninformed and ignorant. Should he ever enter into a conversation with those who know the facts, he will be embarrassed.

Posted by: Royal Flush at November 27, 2018 4:20 PM
Comment #434935
j2t2 wrote: Maybe the best in our history by Trumps standards Roy but not in the real world. Great timing putting this rubbish out the same day GM announces 15,000 layoffs are coming in North America, yeah I know not because of the Trump tariffs…right?
Sure that costs, but GM already cost the U.S. tax payers $11.2 Billion (as of DEC-2014) in bail-outs (the major reason many people will never buy a GM vehicle (including me)).

NOTE: GM is also closing plants in the U.S., but closing nothing in China.

So, now I am more convinced than ever to never buy a GM vehicle.

Perhaps GM’s problems are because it is a poorly managed company?
Perhaps the management of GM have their heads up their a$$, since they seem to keep making crap that few will buy?
GM has fallen to 4th place in the largest car manufacturers in the world (behind Toyota in Japan, Volkswagen Group in Germany, and Hyundai in SK), and has fallen to 5th place in the top 10 car group manufacturers (2016).

j2t2 wrote: Exactly what is “the left” doing against the trade agreements of Trumps? Be specific Roy.
They are squawking about tariffs, which is affecting their profits. Nevermind that U.S. corporation just received a reduction of the corporate tax from 21% to 25%, and GM received bailouts that cost tax payers $10 Billion. GM is not willing or able to weather the trade dispute to establish fairer trade deals for the U.S.; GM only wants cheap materials and labor. Again, GM is also closing plants in the U.S., but closing nothing in China. So, I will never buy a GM vehicle.
j2t2 wrote: False facts like those we constantly see from D. is another reason.
j2t2, feel free anytime to show exactly which facts are false.

j2t2 has probably set the record for false statements. For example (recent j2t2 statements):

  • j2t2 wrote that illegal immigrants don’t vote, but it is proven that they do (see: http://www.watchblog.com/thirdparty/archives/010179.html#434193 );
  • j2t2 wrote that illegal immigrants don’t collect welfare, but it is proven that they do
    (source: cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Legal-and-Illegal-Immigrant-Households);
  • j2t2 wrote that Democrats did do something to help immigrants when the Democrats had a filibuster-proof Congress for 5 months in 2009, but it is proven false, because the Democrats failed to pass the DREAM act when they could have (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DREAM_Act#2009).
  • j2t2 wrote that “I am not calling anyone a Nazi”, but then j2t2 wrote: “you complain about the fascist tag you guys on the right have earned”, and “Welcome to Trumps America, Zeig Heil !
  • j2t2 wrote and phx8 claimed tax cuts were for the rich only, and no companies or money were returning to the U.S., but that was disproven, and it was shown that numerous companies and hundreds of billions of dollars were returning to the U.S.;
  • j2t2 wrote and phx8 claimed tax cuts were for the rich only, but the tax rate for the upper-income brackets were reduced 1%-to-2.4%, and 2%-to-4% for the lower brackets. How is that a tax cut only for the rich?
  • j2t2 wrote no Democrat ever called for the repeal of the 2nd amendment, and that was also proven to be false
    (see: http://www.watchblog.com/thirdparty/archives/010179.html#434135 ).
  • j2t2 wrote that others are throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks, but it appears as if that is actually what j2t2 and phx8 do, and when they are mistaken, they never admit it, and rarely provide evidence to disprove others’ assertions.
So, apparently, again, j2t2 is most guilty of the very thing he accuses others of:
j2t2 wrote: you guys do not have the ability to discern truth from the fiction you spew daily.

And then j2t2 claims that he never implied, insinuated, or out-right called anyone “fascist”, “Nazi”, “Racist”, etc., but that was false too. For example:
  • j2t2 wrote: I am proud of each and every one of my comments you have listed here.
  • j2t2 wrote: Now you act surprised and try to deflect the blame! Go f**k yourselves. Point the finger at yourselves for buying into the stupid propaganda you have bought into.
  • j2t2 wrote: Jeezus what a bunch of f**ktards these repubs are.
  • j2t2 wrote: I am not calling anyone a Nazi.
  • j2t2 wrote: you complain about the fascist tag you guys on the right have earned.
  • j2t2 wrote: Welcome to Trump’s America, Zeig Heil !
  • j2t2 wrote: It may not be fascism, it may be oligarchy that is the problem but never the less you guys are helping to turn us into something we don’t want to be.
  • j2t2 wrote (comparing conservatives on Watch Blog to “Beastialists” or those that like to watch Beastiality): I didn’t imply anything of the sort. This is what I said “What’s the difference between the Gringo tourist at the “Tijuana Donkey Show” ((en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_show) and the conservatives on WB [Watchblog] that believe the repubs on the intelligence committee actually have something of substance to show the American people?”
  • j2t2 wrote (comparing Trump supporters to Nazis): Oh look a Trump rally [see video of Nazis supporters in 1939] ( www.theatlantic.com/video/index/542499/marshall-curry-nazi-rally-madison-square-garden-1939/?fbclid=IwAR0KPtoDWEVwr2uMTlqDW3c5Gu0TRfoDbePoZpd5BcXXw7_JjNSPWwYMBx8”>) . God , the flag, nationalism, returning America to the people who founded it, and a liberal protestor to beat on.
  • j2t2 wrote: In fact right now I’m rather proud that you have spent the time going through the archives hunting for my words of wisdom.
HHMMmmm…so j2t2 is proud of that?
QUESTION: j2t2, do you believe that you should really be telling anyone that they believe only what they want to believe?
Let the readers be the judge.

j2t2, feel free anytime to show exactly which facts are false (not merely howling and whining those are “false facts”!!! “False!” “False!” “False!” “False?” “False!

Posted by: d.a.n at November 27, 2018 5:26 PM
Comment #434942

Well first of all thank you, D., for deflecting for Roy on some of his foolish comments.

So GM isn’t your favorite but what exactly does all this gibberish have to do with the tariffs that cost GM so much lately? I mean it is venegful and such, were the Trump tariffs and tax cuts meant to be vengeful towards GM.


They are squawking about tariffs, which is affecting their profits. Oh..so squawking is it!LOL. What are they doing is the question and the best you can say is they are squawking! So nothing, really, is the right answer as they have no bills pending in Congress that would amount to anything…right? Tariffs didn’t work prior to the great depression why do you think they will work now D.? To create jobs that is, not to move more jobs out of the country.

I must say you progressives are impressive. Hiding behind the white sheets and polo shirts as if you were right wing conservatives. You tell us ” which is affecting their profits.” As if it is “the lefts” profits. The socialist and the communist profits…do you realize how foolish you sound D.? Throwing your coprorate capitalist overboard the first time they disagre with Trump. Anyway which narrative you going to claim the “left wing profits” or the “left wing socialist”…make up your mind your lies are wrapping around themselves.

“Nevermind that U.S. corporation just received a reduction of the corporate tax from 21% to 25%, and GM received bailouts that cost tax payers $10 Billion.”

there is a problem with tax cuts afterall and it is the fault of “the left”! Weren’t these the Trump tax cuts? Isn’t GM just doing what you guys tell us corporations should do and maximize shareholder value? Did you think the corporate tax cuts were going to generate corporate goodwill! WTF is wrong woith you conservative communist!

j2t2, feel free anytime to show exactly which facts are false.

Easy peasy D. How about this one for starters “And then j2t2 claims that he never implied, insinuated, or out-right called anyone “fascist”, “Nazi”, “Racist”, etc., but that was false too.”. Prove you aren’t lying by showing me where I said that statement as you have written it.

Then of course the immigration thing you put out all the time is riddled with everything but facts. You know that. Earlier this month you put out some stuff on left wing violence, that was rife with fraud, that I rebutted with facts and you chose to ignoire them so why would I waste my time on you D. Go through and use real sources and real facts and cut the rest out of your rather lenghty diatribes.

Posted by: j2t2 at November 27, 2018 6:48 PM
Comment #434947
  • j2t2 wrote: Tariffs didn’t work prior to the great depression why do you think they will work now D.? To create jobs that is, not to move more jobs out of the country.
Tariffs can work, because most other countries have more to lose than the U.S. IF GM and other companies would be patient, they would see that the strategy will succeed in acquiring more fair trade agreements, and it has already worked with Canada, Mexico, and some other nations. The U.S. has Free Trade agreements with 20 countries (Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Jordan, Korea, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Oman, Panama, Peru, Singapore).

The main problem is with China, whose: stealing technology and intellectual property; guilty of patent violations; places high tariffs on imports from the U.S.; but has enjoyed low-to-zero tariffs on Chinese exports to the U.S. for decades.
That threatens millions of jobs in the U.S.
What’s fair about that?
What is the problem with RECIPROCAL tariffs, or ZERO tariffs everywhere (i.e. some of their own medicine).

  • j2t2 wrote: … there is a problem with tax cuts afterall and it is the fault of “the left”! Weren’t these the Trump tax cuts? Isn’t GM just doing what you guys tell us corporations should do and maximize shareholder value? Did you think the corporate tax cuts were going to generate corporate goodwill! WTF is wrong woith you conservative communist!
Wrong again (as usual), because lowering the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% was common-sense (something you would not understand), and necessary, because the global average is about 21%, and anything higher (over-taxation; something Democrats don’t have a clue about) is simply motivates companies to leave the U.S. The corporate tax cut has already helped many companies, and has brought back many companies and money to the U.S. Many corporations, money, and jobs ARE returning to the U.S. due to the reduction of the corporate tax from 35% to 21% (closer to the global average of 20%):
  • Apple is bringing back $38 Billion back to the U.S. after the tax overhaul. - Source: www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2018/01/17/apple-says-it-will-bring-cash-back-to-us-pay-38-billion-in-repatriation-tax/#62baf5592222
  • Insulet Corp.; Total jobs reshored: 1,500 jobs; States benefiting: Massachusetts; Industry: Biotechnology; Headquarters: Billerica, Massachusetts; Insulet Corporation manufactures insulin delivery systems. In 2017 the company announced it would be moving the production of its flagship product — the Omnipod, a tubeless, waterproof insulin pump — from China to a new facility in Acton, Massachusetts. Insulet cited the area’s skilled workforce and rising labor costs in China as reasons for the move. If Insulet meets earnings expectations for the next several years, the new facility could employ as many as 1,500 workers by 2021.
  • Element Electronics; Total jobs reshored: 1,500; States benefiting: Michigan, South Carolina; Industry: Consumer electronics; Headquarters: Winnsboro, South Carolina; In 2012, South Carolina-based consumer electronics manufacturer Element Electronics opened a new flat screen television factory in Detroit. The decision was based on a need to consolidate the company’s supply chain, and made Element one of the only companies to manufacture televisions in the U.S. Element also reshored production from China to Winnsboro, South Carolina with an initial $7.5 million investment in a new plant that is projected to lead to the creation of 500 jobs. The TV manufacturer cited Walmart’s pledge to buy $250 billion of U.S.-made products from 2013 to 2023 as a primary reason to relocate operations to the United States.
  • Gentex; Total jobs reshored: 1,600 jobs; States benefiting: Michigan; Industry: Motor vehicle parts; Headquarters: Zeeland, Michigan; Over the last several years, mirror manufacturer Gentex closed its two plants in China and Mexico in an effort to centralize production in Zeeland, Michigan. While labor was less expensive overseas, the move to consolidate all stages of production in one location is likely to reduce transportation costs and the risk of manufacturing error. According to the Reshoring Initiative, the company’s reshoring efforts since 2010 amount to a total of 1,600 jobs for U.S. workers.
  • Amgen; Total jobs reshored: 1,600; States benefiting: Rhode Island, TBD; Industry: Pharmaceuticals; Headquarters: Thousand Oaks, California; In a January 2018 meeting with President Donald Trump, Amgen CEO Robert Bradway announced that the firm was planning to add 1,600 manufacturing jobs in the U.S. The announcement came several years after the biopharma company cut approximately 15% of its workforce and closed two U.S. manufacturing facilities in 2014 as part of major cost-saving efforts. Most recently, Amgen announced in February 2018 that it would invest $300 million in a new U.S. biologics plant that would employ approximately 300 workers upon completion. An April 2018 recent press release from the company named West Greenwich, Rhode Island, as the site of the new facility.
  • Merck & Co.; Total jobs reshored: 1,633 jobs; States benefiting: New Jersey, TBD; Industry: Pharmaceuticals; Headquarters: Kenilworth, New Jersey; In July 2017, the White House announced that Merck, along with pharmaceutical manufacturers Pfizer and Corning, have committed to making a joint investment of at least $4 billion in pharmaceutical glass manufacturing in the U.S. The partnership will focus on the manufacturing of advanced pharmaceutical glass packing, a technology used in the storage of injectable drugs, as well as vials and cartridges, and is projected to lead to the direct hiring of 4,000 U.S. employees across the three companies. Merck also recently reshored approximately 300 jobs as part of its efforts to consolidate its overseas operations in the U.S. The company relocated the headquarters of its animal health division from Boxmeer, the Netherlands to its campus in Summit, New Jersey in 2013 as part of a larger restructuring effort.
  • SolarCity; Total jobs reshored: 1,900; States benefiting: New York; Industry: Energy production & storage; Headquarters: San Mateo, California; In 2014, SolarCity announced a deal with the State of New York that commits the company to invest approximately $5 billion over the next 10 years in return for a $750 million construction subsidy that is projected to create at least 1,900 jobs. The investment is focused around the construction of a new facility in South Buffalo. Without major government subsidies, domestic manufacturing of solar panels has largely been prohibitively expensive, as U.S. labor costs were too high compared to other countries. While the project stalled for several years as SolarCity reevaluated its timeframe and was taken over by Tesla, solar roof tile production began at the new factory in December 2017.
  • Polaris Industries; Total jobs reshored: 2,000; States benefiting: Alabama; Industry: Transportation equipment; Headquarters: Deerfield, Illinois; In January 2015, automotive manufacturer Polaris Industries announced plans to build a $142 million off-road vehicle plant in Huntsville, Alabama that will create an estimated 2,000 manufacturing jobs in the area. The move was likely prompted by the generous tax breaks offered by state and local governments. Polaris is projected to receive approximately $80 million in tax breaks from the city of Huntsville and state of Alabama upon completion and staffing of the facility. The announcement comes several years after the company was criticized for downsizing its plant in Osceola, Wisconsin and building a new facility in Monterrey, Mexico for approximately $150 million.
  • Caterpillar; Total jobs reshored: 2,100; States benefiting: Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Texas; Industry: Construction & farm machinery; Headquarters: Peoria, Illinois; According to the Reshoring Initiative, over the last several years construction equipment manufacturer Caterpillar has announced reshoring projects that will target facilities in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, and Texas, and will add or retain an estimated 2,100 U.S. manufacturing jobs. In 2012, Caterpillar opened a new facility in Victoria, Texas with an initial investment of $200 million in an effort to shift production of its hydraulic excavators from Akashi, Japan to the U.S. In August 2015, Caterpillar announced plans to expand employment at its Victoria facility, moving its vocational truck manufacturing operations from Mexico to the Texas location.
  • Whirlpool; Total jobs reshored: 2,165; States benefiting: Ohio; Industry: Electronics, electrical equipment; Headquarters: Benton Harbor, Michigan; Since 2010, Whirlpool has announced several efforts to consolidate its overseas operations within the U.S. that will add up to an estimated 2,165 reshored jobs for domestic manufacturing workers. Most recently, in January 2018 Whirlpool announced it would be adding 200 full-time employees to its facility in Clyde, Ohio. The news came shortly after the Trump Administration announced safeguard tariffs on large imported residential washing machines, a move projected to reduce import competition from Whirlpool rivals Samsung Electronics and LG Electronics.
  • General Electric; Total jobs reshored: 2,656; States benefiting: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, North Carolina, New York, Ohio Industry: Industrial machinery; Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts; Since 2010, General Electric has announced domestic capital investments that are projected to add approximately 2,700 jobs to the U.S. manufacturing workforce. Much of the reshoring efforts are based around Appliance Park, a newly renovated production facility in Louisville, Kentucky, and shifting the production of bottom-mounted refrigerators and front-load washing machines from China and Mexico to the U.S. According to GE, reasons for the move include lower transportation costs, a more qualified workforce, and significant tax incentives by state and local governments.
  • Dow Chemical; Total jobs reshored: 2,900; States benefiting: Louisiana, Michigan, Texas; Industry: Chemicals; Headquarters: Midland, Michigan; In March 2015, Dow Chemical announced plans to invest $6 billion in its manufacturing plants in Texas and Louisiana in an effort to capitalize on lower domestic natural gas prices. According to a Dow executive, the increase in U.S. fracking activity has created significant investment prospects for chemical producers in the United States that will pay off in the next several years. The Gulf Coast reshoring effort is largely focused on the production of ethylene, propylene, and chemical derivatives used in packaging. The company’s reshoring efforts announced over the past several years are projected to retain or add approximately 2,900 manufacturing jobs to the U.S.
  • Intel; Total jobs reshored: 4,000; States benefiting: Arizona, California, Oregon; Industry: Semiconductors & other electronic components; Headquarters: Santa Clara, California; In 2011, Intel announced plans to hire 4,000 U.S. workers and build a $5 billion microprocessor plant in Chandler, Arizona. Known as Fab 42, the plant will use the 7-nanometer production process and is projected to be the most advanced, high-volume microprocessor plant in the world. While the facility was completed in 2013, its opening was stalled for several years. In February 2017, however, Intel announced plans to open the facility with a total investment of $7 billion and the direct hiring of 3,000 high-tech, high-wage workers. The tech giant projects the plant will be completed in the next two to three years, and will indirectly lead to the creation of roughly 10,000 jobs throughout Arizona.
  • Ford; Total jobs reshored: 4,200; States benefiting: Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, New York; Industry: Motor vehicles & parts; Headquarters: Dearborn, Michigan; In January 2017, Ford announced plans to cancel the $1.6 billion expansion of its Mexico production facility, instead opting to expand operations at its Flat Rock, Michigan facility with a $700 million investment projected to create 700 jobs. Similar reshoring efforts by the U.S. auto giant have been announced over the past eight years, targeting facilities in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, New York, and other parts of Michigan and totaling an estimated 4,200 new jobs for the domestic workforce. Like General Motors and Fiat Chrysler, Ford’s announcements were made amid pressure from the current administration to reduce investment overseas and increase capital investments in the U.S. manufacturing sector. While some analysts speculate the reshoring efforts are a response to the Trump administration’s push for domestic job creation, Ford representatives have noted that they were based on an initiative to expand its truck and S.U.V. model offerings for U.S. consumers, which was previously agreed to in a labor contract with the United Automobile Workers union.
  • Boeing; Total jobs reshored: 7,725; States benefiting: Missouri, Montana, South Carolina; Industry: Aerospace & defense; Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois; Over the past several years, Boeing has rapidly expanded its U.S. workforce at various manufacturing plants throughout the East Coast. Boeing began operations at a new plant in Charleston, South Carolina in 2011 that manufactures 787 Dreamliner planes. Boeing also recently moved parts of its production of the new 777X plane from overseas to its St. Louis facility. The first 777X is projected to be completed by December 2019. According to the Reshoring Initiative, since 2010 Boeing has announced plans to reshore approximately 8,000 jobs, the most of any U.S. company other than General Motors and Apple.
  • General Motors; Total jobs reshored: 12,988; States benefiting: Michigan, New York, Tennessee, Texas; Industry: Motor vehicles & parts; Headquarters: Detroit, Michigan; Over the past several years, General Motors has made several announcements regarding various reshoring efforts that will boost employment at its plants in Michigan, New York, Tennessee, and Texas. The largest announcement came January 2017, when GM made public its plans to add or retain 7,000 jobs in the U.S. over the next few years. One of the major reshoring projects will be the shifting of approximately 600 jobs from an axle production plant in Mexico to a new facility in Arlington, Texas. GM’s reshoring efforts announced since 2010 amount to roughly 13,000 jobs, the most of any U.S. company other than Apple.
  • Apple; Total jobs reshored: 22,200 jobs; States benefiting: Texas, TBD; Industry: Computers, office equipment; Headquarters: Cupertino, California; In January 2018, Apple announced plans to invest over $30 billion in capital expenditures in the U.S. over the next five years. As part of the investment, Apple is increasing its commitment to its Advanced Manufacturing Fund — used to invest in U.S. manufacturing companies and boost the domestic manufacturing sector — from $1 billion to $5 billion. The move is projected to create over 20,000 new jobs at Apple’s existing campuses and at a new office location which has yet to be announced. Apple’s job creation announcement comes amid criticism aimed at the company for its outsourcing of manufacturing jobs to China, and accusations that it has dodged U.S. taxes by keeping some $250 billion overseas. A March 2017 press release from Apple claims the company supports some 4.8 million jobs in China, compared to 2.0 million in the U.S.
  • SoftBank $50B
  • Exxon $20B
  • Hyundai $3.1B
  • Bayer AG $8B
  • Toyota $600M
  • LG $250M
  • Also, certain industries are integral to the security of the U.S.A (i.e. steel, aluminum, minerals, energy, food, technology, etc.). Several companies are bringing business and money back to the U.S.A.
  • Many companies have also cited Walmart’s pledge to buy $250 billion of American-made products between 2013 and 2023 as a primary reason for shifting operations to the United States. The pledge has reduced some of the risk of relocating production to the United States and has helped companies such as Element Electronics, which won a contract with Walmart shortly after opening a small flat-screen television plant in Michigan, make the decision to reshore.
  • Source: www.tcpalm.com/story/money/business/2018/06/28/manufacturers-bringing-most-jobs-back-to-america/36438051/
There are good reasons to return to the U.S.A., now that the corporate tax was lowered from 35% to 21% (nearer to the global average of about 20% for corporate taxes). A corporate tax rate of 35% was one of the highest corporate taxes in the world, and it was driving corporations and jobs out of the U.S. for decades.
d.a.n wrote: And then j2t2 claims that he never implied, insinuated, or out-right called anyone “fascist”, “Nazi”, “Racist”, etc.
j2t2 wrote: Prove you aren’t lying by showing me where I said that statement as you have written it.
Sure, no problem. Here it is, which indeed, proves that you implied, insinuated, and out-right called people names, such as in (c) below:
  • (a) j2t2 wrote: I am proud of each and every one of my comments you have listed here.
  • (b) j2t2 wrote: Now you act surprised and try to deflect the blame! Go f**k yourselves. Point the finger at yourselves for buying into the stupid propaganda you have bought into.
  • (c) j2t2 wrote: Jeezus what a bunch of f**ktards these repubs are.
  • (d) j2t2 wrote: I am not calling anyone a Nazi.
  • (e) j2t2 wrote: you complain about the fascist tag you guys on the right have earned.
  • (f) j2t2 wrote: Welcome to Trump’s America, Zeig Heil !
  • (g) j2t2 wrote: It may not be fascism, it may be oligarchy that is the problem but never the less you guys are helping to turn us into something we don’t want to be.
  • (h) j2t2 wrote (comparing conservatives on Watch Blog to “Beastialists” or those that like to watch Beastiality): I didn’t imply anything of the sort. This is what I said “What’s the difference between the Gringo tourist at the Tijuana Donkey Show (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_show) and the conservatives on WB [Watchblog] that believe the repubs on the intelligence committee actually have something of substance to show the American people?”
  • (i) j2t2 wrote (comparing Trump supporters to Nazis): Oh look a Trump rally [see video of Nazis supporters in 1939] ( www.theatlantic.com/video/index/542499/marshall-curry-nazi-rally-madison-square-garden-1939/?fbclid=IwAR0KPtoDWEVwr2uMTlqDW3c5Gu0TRfoDbePoZpd5BcXXw7_JjNSPWwYMBx8). God , the flag, nationalism, returning America to the people who founded it, and a liberal protestor to beat on.
  • (j) j2t2 wrote: In fact right now I’m rather proud that you have spent the time going through the archives hunting for my words of wisdom.
HHHMmmmm … so, which part of that is not true? You indeed, did imply, insinuate, and out-right calls people names, such as (c) above.
j2t2 wrote: Then of course the immigration thing you put out all the time is riddled with everything but facts.
Nonsense. You hate it, because it is true. Feel free anytime to show exactly which facts are false; not merely howling and whining those are “false facts”!!!
j2t2 wrote: Earlier this month you put out some stuff on left wing violence, that was rife with fraud, that I rebutted with facts and you chose to ignore them …
The truth hurts, which is why you hate that too.

You have proved nothing; only that you do not want to know the truth, and you do not want to disprove what you claim to be false, because you would then be face with the truth.
Can you show that a mere 10% of the T H I S ?
I doubt it.

Again, j2t2, why not show all of us exactly which facts are false, instead of continually giving us your worthless opinions; giving bogus & nebulous links that prove nothing; finding an issue with only a few of dozens or hundreds of examples as if that proves your case; and continually whining about what you believe are “false facts” ? After all, many of you claims have been proven wrong (recently), as shown here: www.watchblog.com/thirdparty/archives/010187.html#434935

Posted by: d.a.n at November 27, 2018 8:54 PM
Comment #434948

Can you show that a mere 10%, or only 5% of the T H I S is false ?
I doubt it.

Posted by: d.a.n at November 27, 2018 9:00 PM
Comment #435005

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in the U.S. from 1945 to 2016:


  • YEAR: 0___1M___2M___3M___4M___5M___6M___7M___8M___9M___10M___11M___12Million
  • 2016: ########################################################### 11.3M
  • 2015: ######################################################## 11.0M
  • 2014: ########################################################### 11.3M
  • 2013: ########################################################### 11.3M
  • 2012: ###########################################################. 11.4M
  • 2011: ############################################################ 11.5M
  • 2010: ############################################################. 11.6M
  • 2009: ####################################################### 10.8M (recession)
  • 2008: ############################################################. 11.6M
  • 2007: ############################################################# 11.8M
  • 2006: ############################################################ 11.5M
  • 2005: ###################################################### 10.5M
  • 2004: ################################################# 9.3M
  • 2003: ################################################### 9.7M
  • 2002: ################################################## 9.4M
  • 2001: ####################################### 7.8M
  • 2000: ########################################### 8.5M
  • 1999: #####################################
  • 1998: ################################
  • 1997: #############################
  • 1996: ######################## 5.0M
  • 1995: #######################
  • 1994: #####################
  • 1993: ###################
  • 1992: ################# 3.4M
  • 1991: ###############
  • 1990: ##############
  • 1989: #############
  • 1988: ############
  • 1987: ############
  • 1986: ###########
  • 1985: ###########
  • 1984: ########### 2.1M
  • 1983: ###########
  • 1982: ############
  • 1981: #############
  • 1980: ############## 3.0M
  • 1979: #############
  • 1978: ############
  • 1977: ##########
  • 1976: ########
  • 1975: #######
  • 1974: ##### 1.1M
  • 1973: ####
  • 1972: ####
  • 1971: ###
  • 1970: ###
  • 1969: ### 0.54M
  • 1968: ###
  • 1967: ###
  • 1966: ###
  • 1965: ###
  • 1964: ###
  • 1963: ###
  • 1962: ###
  • 1961: ###
  • 1960: ### 0.6M
  • 1959: ###
  • 1958: ###
  • 1957: ##
  • 1956: ##
  • 1955: ###
  • 1954: ###
  • 1953: ###
  • 1952: ###
  • 1951: ####
  • 1950: ####
  • 1949: ####
  • 1948: ####
  • 1947: ###
  • 1946: ###
  • 1945: ##

Posted by: d.a.n at November 28, 2018 2:41 PM
Comment #435010
Can you show that a mere 10%, or only 5% of the T H I S is false ? I doubt it.

Thanks D. for the ROTFLMAO moment, been driving all day laughing at this one. To think you are so certain to find less than 5% of lies in this particular is laughable, you do realize that?

Anyway, you seem to have set your standards pretty low here, my friend. So you want me to go through this Breitbart thing and see if I can find a mere 10% or 5% of falsehoods! Tell you what let us just stipulate it is only 3% for the sake of this discussion. Certainly, we can agree on that. It saves me numbing my brain reading this tripe and it saves you from ignoring whatever I find anyway.

The point is why bother searching a discredited site for truth? These guys funded them d**kweeds that manipulated video footage to use as propaganda several times in the past without any corrections to the reader. They are not worthy of wasting our time. If this “resource” is what you are using you can see why you get laughed out of the threads here on WB. Zero credibility.

Further, you have set the bar so low for these guys you should be ashamed of yourself. Suggesting 5% or 10% is an acceptable level of lies for one of your sources is …well…suffice..it to say…we know what the problem is now.

Posted by: j2t2 at November 28, 2018 7:10 PM
Comment #435012

Sure. Find only 3% that are false (if you can).

There are 639 records, so 3% of 639 is only 19 separate records that you have to prove are false.

As far as you mentioning credibility, that is rich (a true “ROTFLMAO moment”), since your statements have been disproven repeatedly (recently).

Good Luck! I am predicting now that you won’t even try, or you will fail to disprove 19 of 639 records.

j2t2 wrote: Suggesting 5% or 10% is an acceptable level of lies for one of your sources is …well…suffice..it to say…we know what the problem is now.
It works for CNN (one of your favorite stations).
Posted by: d.a.n at November 28, 2018 8:56 PM
Comment #435056
Good Luck! I am predicting now that you won’t even try, or you will fail to disprove 19 of 639 records.

Oh stop it D.. You aren’t predicting anything, I’ve already told you I wasn’t wasting my time with your lies. The fact you have to hedge your bet on this source proves it isn’t reliable. The absurdity of your request has allowed us a moment…well in my case a day, of humor here on WB. We are all thankful. But the moment has passed, move on.


It works for CNN (one of your favorite stations).

Another big lie D. Have you no decency? Projecting onto others your own baggage has been explained to you earlier, pay attention.


Factual note- I haven’t watched CNN for quite some time now. Why? Because they tried to hard to give to be fair and balanced. Although I have heard they now have an instance fact checker for times when the Trump administration speaks. MSNBC, on the other hand, has just stopped airing the big lies of the Trump administrations press conferences altogether. I like that. But I will stick with PBS as they pull off unbiased so much better than anyone else out there.

Posted by: j2t2 at November 29, 2018 11:48 AM
Comment #435057

D., Some source info for you should you be interested in less biased sources.
https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

Posted by: j2t2 at November 29, 2018 12:04 PM
Comment #435061
j2t2 wrote: I’ve already told you I wasn’t wasting my time with your lies.
Ha ! Just as expected. I thought you said 3% was OK?
How about 1% (i.e. 6 reports)? Besides, how hard can it be, IF, as you say, there are so many lies?

Most biased media news sources are still correct more often, than not.
Also, whether a source is Left, Center, or Right is no guarantee of accuracy and truth, so I doubt the news-source bias rating site you provided is helpful, unless a person is looing for a news source that leans they way they also lean. That news-source bias rating site is interesting. Bias is not always a bad thing, unless it leads to false reporting. Most people like to watch only a few news sources that agree most with their opinions.

I am not a big fan of PBS or NPR, because they are funded (partially) with taxpayer money, and it seems NPR spends a LOT of time fund driving to raise more money. In addition, I think PBS and NPR are more Left of Center biased (definitely seldom, if ever, Right of Center).

A better approach is to watch, listen, and read numerous different news sources, which makes the bias from Left to Right shockingly obvious, but does not always mean that any are reporting is false information. Likewise with Breitbart (though, Breitbart, and many other news sources across the spectrum, have been caught many times reporting falsely). Therefore, it seems futile to try to defend most news sources.

A Politico poll reports that 77% of people polled say major news sources are “Fake News”.
That is most likely because so many have become too extreme.
People (whether left, center, or right) have some serious problems, which, as always, can be reduced down to a few basic flawed human traits (i.e. greed, laziness & apathy, envy, pride, and lust for power and control). As a result, it leads to the following two extremes (to varying degress)::

  • Right Extreme Type #1: This extreme wants regressive taxation, unfettered capitalism, loves monopolies, wants little (if any) government regulations, and freedom to explore and wallow in almost every manifestation of unchecked greed;
  • Left Extreme Type #2: This extreme, motivated largely by laziness, wants a nanny-state with citizens increasingly dependent on the government; with massive cradle-to-grave government programs (which are usually severely mismanaged) that nurture a sense of entitlement and dependency on government; loves to suffocate the economy with over-regulation; tries to disguise envy and jealousy as demands for equality; wants to grow government ever larger (despite the already current nightmare proportions); rewards failure and laziness; and perpetuates the myth that we can somehow all live at the expense of everyone else;

Oh well. Still, feel free anytime to try to prove exactly what you think are lies.
Again, how hard can it be, IF, as you say, there are so many lies?

Posted by: d.a.n at November 29, 2018 2:31 PM
Comment #435165

And U.S. Taxpayers help fund NPR (radio) and PBS (TV). The government gives approximately $450 million annually to NPR and PBS.
(Source: www.quora.com/How-much-support-does-the-U-S-government-give-to-PBS-each-year )

National Public Radio (NPR) was busted on Friday [30-NOV-2018] for “FAKE NEWS” that alleged that Donald Trump Junior’s Senate testimony about a Trump Tower deal in Moscow conflicted with testimony from Michael Cohen — President Trump’s former attorney who is now working with Special Counsel Robert Mueller (Source: www.rt.com/usa/445300-npr-story-trump-cohen-wrong/ ).

NPR refused to make a retraction, and CNN and other news stations spead the lie everywhere.
So, why are tax payers funding this, when NPR refuses to make a retraction?
Unfortunately, it appears NPR is becoming another left-wing news source for the radical left.

Posted by: d.a.n at December 1, 2018 1:46 PM
Post a comment