Can Kamala Harris Navigate Her Way to The Nomination?

If who you are is the lens through which everything you do is judged and criticized, then Kamala Harris shouldn’t have to worry about her record as a prosecutor and AG in California. Because what matters is who she is. Myra Adams, a media/writer/creative-type who helped advise the 2008 McCain campaign and worked on the 2004 Bush campaign, has a piece up at Real Clear Politics that is basically an update of a 9-month old article she wrote last spring on why Kamala Harris would run for president.

Except now it’s titled: Why Kamala Harris Will Win the Democratic Nomination.

Here are the 5 reasons she gives:

  • Kamala Harris is a woman: Democrats are all about women taking up key posts and Democrat women are all about loathing Trump the evil misogynist.
  • Kamala Harris is mixed race: Demographics is destiny basically.
  • Kamala Harris is America's new role model: all her life story "arc" needs now is a presidency. Just like Obama who made himself and his life's story a symbol of America's future and therefore very cleverly made his presidency seem somehow something inevitable in enough voters' minds. And a few Nobel Prize committee members as well.
  • There will be a "KamalaBama" frenzy when Obama appears with her and endorses her: The Sun King passes on his torch.
  • Kamala Harris has a strategic advantage over Trump: both are mouthy; both like to fight; but Kamala is a Jamaican-Indian-American whose parents were immigrants. So, she has to win because Trump would be showing how evil he is by attacking Kamala.

While her article is a touch ironic, it seems Myra is quite excited by Harris announcing her candidacy. It might be great TV to have Trump and Harris face off - although nothing will approach the we've-never-really-done-this-before feeling the Hillary v. Trump debates produced. And we really don't know how accomplished Harris is as a debater. A debater in what will be as crowded a Democrat field as the GOP's field was in 2015/2016.

We have no idea in other words, how good a candidate Kamala Harris will prove to be. She almost certainly should be somewhat better than Hillary was, but we don't really know. And the landscape has changed substantially since the last presidential election.

Ocasio-Cortez was a bartender and Sanders campaign worker a year ago. She's now an acronym. Yes, Harris is a lawyer and ex-prosecutor, and former AG. And she's in her 50's. She has climbed the ladder and gained the experience needed to survive a conventional primary campaign. And she's gathered many ex-Hillary staffers to work on her own campaign.

But will her careful years of garnering the right credentials even matter when it's who she is that most commentators are focused on? And will who she is even matter if she can't navigate social media as aggressively as AOC is seen as doing?

If you believe in the above-listed 5 reasons you should be careful of a world where who you are matters more than what your policies are, because who you are is seen by many (mistakenly and dangerously in my opinion) as a function of what you Tweet.

Maybe Kamala Harris can balance between her years of political experience and her own image as the next face of America's future. However, she should be careful because those type of contests are always looking for another new face. And right now, AOC is soaking up far more media time than any freshman congresswoman from New York should receive. That's the type of world Kamala Harris will have to navigate to win the nomination, finding the space between a septuagenarian like Biden and a brat like AOC.

Can she?

Posted by Keeley at January 25, 2019 6:15 PM
Comments
Comment #437240

What garbage you write. I’d suggest reading Michelle Obama’s Becoming to catch a clue. You should be concerning yourself with who the reich wing will come up with as a candidate. Maybe they haven’t pulled him out of the sewer yet. If they try to nominate some inoffensive crook like Romney they can’t win. Their partisans only show up in large enough numbers to vote for idiot crooks. They rely on the plantations to win, but they’re currently even screwing those voters. Kamala is a dream candidate for the reich wing. They’re already claiming she isn’t a citizen. She can charge up the reich wing base with their usual Australian owned racism.

I have 95 cents in change from vending machines. I’ll send it to you to shut down this site. It’s much more than it’s worth now, and you won’t have to bother writing any more of this worthless nonsense trying to act intellectual while pandering to those who live here.

Back to Kentucky, their doctor senator fool went to Canada for surgery to be performed by someone he considers to be a “slave” doctor. The largest border crossing is where Americans are waiting to go into Mexico to get dentistry done. My Vietnamese neighbor went to Commie Nam last year to get his dental work done. A friend in Santa Monica goes to Tijuana to buy prescriptions for her family and friends. Wall-nuts haven’t heard:
paper covers rock
rock breaks scissors
scissors cuts paper
saw cuts wall

Posted by: ohrealy at January 25, 2019 7:29 PM
Comment #437253

Presidential approval rating:

AP: 34%
CBS: 36%
Pew: 37%
Gallup: 37%
CNN: 37%

Fox News Poll 1/22/19
70% of Americans approve of increasing tax rates over $10 million.

Trump completely and totally caved on the shutdown and the Wall. Pelosi crushed him like a bug. She also crushed him on the SOTU speech.

Roger Stone was indicted on 7 counts. From the indictment, it appears very likely more indictments are coming for others- possibly superseding indictments for Stone, too.

Over a dozen FBI agents and officers raided Stone’s home in the pre-dawn hours. None of them was getting paid. Bet they had a lot of volunteers.

“Jared Kushner Assures Reporters He Never Revealed State Secrets Without Turning Huge Profit”
The Onion

30 Trump administration officials received security clearances from a Trump appointee after FBI professionals specializing in granting clearances recommended they be denied.

Posted by: phx8 at January 26, 2019 10:08 AM
Comment #437258
Their partisans only show up in large enough numbers to vote for idiot crooks.

Do you remember a time when you thought the repubs couldn’t lower the bar and farther? GWB… and then came Palin! Certainly, that was as low as they could go. Then came Trump, who we all agreed was the best of the repub bunch that was in the running, and the bar was thrown out the window. There is no bottom. So I am thinking Palin may be the answer for the repub base. She has had her own reality show…right?

Phx8 are you suggesting Trump didn’t play us all with negotiations and planning so advanced we simply can’t understand? Are you saying he thought he would show the incoming dem led HoR who was boss and got owned instead? Are you telling us Mr. Art of the Deal is a phony amateur showboating as a leader? The narcissist couldn’t miss his SOTU speech so he caved?

You would have us believe Royal was wrong in his analysis in a previous thread? We were told, “President Trump is playing the partial government shutdown brilliantly, and has nearly finished maneuvering the Dem leaders into the containment box.”. Are we so naive that we are in the box and don’t know it? Or should repub presidents from here on be required to wear big red clown noses to distinguish them from real presidents?

Posted by: j2t2 at January 26, 2019 11:28 AM
Comment #437262

AOC should run for president.

Many thanks to the three gifts that keep on giving: Ed O’hrealy, phx8, and j2t2

Ed O’hrealy, open-borders phx8, and j2t2, thank you for demonstrating your true character, and proving here for all to see that you care more about your PARTY than the security of the nation, and the 2,000 homicides per year (5.5 homicides per day) by illegal immigrants (a homicide rate 61% higher than the homicide rate of U.S. citizens).

Truly. Please continue.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 26, 2019 1:36 PM
Comment #437263

j2t2,
“President Trump is playing the partial government shutdown brilliantly, and has nearly finished maneuvering the Dem leaders into the containment box.”

Great quote from RF. Thanks for the laugh!

A lot of Trump supporters are going to face a difficult reckoning. How will they justify supporting a con and a traitor and a crook? Some will never face up to it. Others might. But that’s the crazy thing about a con. People trust and believe the con, even after they have lost money, or their most cherished beliefs, or the Consitution has been trashed, and they will insist the con is “brilliant” even after the con has been revealed and punished.

But there are levels of complicity, levels of responsibility for supporting terrible things. The first level is owned by Trump and his circle of traitors and crooks. The next is owned by the likes of Limbaugh, Coulter, Levin, Hannity, and so on. And then there are the grass roots.

The Trump supporters fell for it because Trump played to the darkest, basest part of the American character, racism and bigotry. And those will simply turn to the next iteration. I don’t think it will ever go away, and the Russians and other foreign adversaries will always be ready to stoke that dumpster fire.

Posted by: phx8 at January 26, 2019 2:05 PM
Comment #437267
open-borders phx8 calls Trump supporters racists and bigots: The Trump supporters fell for it because Trump played to the darkest, basest part of the American character, racism and bigotry.
However, look at the following, in which phx8 denegrates white people 13 times.
So, who is the real racist ?
Posted by: d.a.n at January 26, 2019 2:22 PM
Comment #437269

“Great quote from RF. Thanks for the laugh!”

Your very welcome phx8. The ball is now back in congress’s court and we’ll soon see what the Democrats will pass.

It is difficult to understand why you Liberals keep jumping the gun and wind up with shit all over your faces.

Without any research, I will guess that our Libby Pals on WB have written over two hundred comments predicting President Trump’s downfall. All false predictions based upon wishful thinking.

More people are working in this country than ever before. Millions of Black and Hispanic folks now have jobs. Wages are rising, and inflation is not a problem. The economy is great. Our enemies fear us again.

And what do our Liberal/Progressive/Socialist Pals whine about?…TRUMP IS STILL PRESIDENT… They just can’t stand it that this president is succeeding where many others have failed. President Trump has foiled their plans for an Obama promised “revolution” from individual freedom to government slavery.

Posted by: Royal Flush at January 26, 2019 2:43 PM
Comment #437275
More people are working in this country than ever before.

Royal take a look at at this chart and tell me why you think ” this president is succeeding where many others have failed.”. The conservative talking point “more people are working now than ever before” is part of the con phx8 is referring to, IMHO. It may make you feel warm and fuzzy but it doesn’t mean much.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 26, 2019 3:40 PM
Comment #437276

From link provided by j2t2; “The number of employed persons in The United States increased to 156945 Thousand in December of 2018 from 156803 Thousand in November of 2018.”

Math is not j2t2’s forte.

156,945,000 minus 156,803,000 = 142,000

One month gain in employed persons.

I challenge j2t2 to defend this comment; “more people are working now than ever before” is part of the con phx8 is referring to…”

What con? Use your own brain j2t2; phx8’s is not reliable.

Posted by: Royal Flush at January 26, 2019 3:56 PM
Comment #437279

j2t2’s numbers are totally non-sensical.
But then, that is what happens without any moral compass.
j2t2’s article is claiming 48% of the U.S. population is unemployed. Do the math (certainly not j2t2’s strong suite).

j2t2, phx8, and Ed O’hrealy are doing their best to distract from the fact that they care more about THEIR party winning a political battle, than the security of the nation.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 26, 2019 6:30 PM
Comment #437280

Part of the con involves the idea that Trump is a great negotiator. He is not. Once upon a time I did some negotiations and took some very interesting classes. Side note- if anyone here ever has a chance to take those kinds of courses, I would highly encourage it. Truly a fascinating subject. Anyway, Trump conducted the worst negotiation I have ever seen. It was not just the subject matter that made it so bad. How could he be that bad? He has lots of people around him who could give advice. And yet… Wow. That was bad.

1) He telegraphed what he was going to do.

2) He tried to surprise Schumer and Pelosi and knock them off balance by holding a negotiation and inviting the media without telling them. It could have been effective, but he then said he would be proud to shut down the government and that he would own it.

3) AFTER McConnell checked with Trump for an ok, the Senate passed a unanimous CR in a voice vote to keep the government open. Trump rejected the CR and burned McConnell- supposedly his ally- shutting down the government. McConnell was done with Trump after that, and disappeared. The rest of the GOP offered virtually no support.

4) So now Trump is in a shutdown without the full support of allies. His supporters consist of media figures like Limbaugh, Coulter, and so on, so there is no public groundswell at all, nothing beyond the base, nothing that can expand his support.

5) Trump invites Pelosi and others to the White House to negotiate. She says no. He walks out of the room. WRONG!!!

6) Now Trump has entered a box canyon. There is no way out. There is no end game, no exit strategy, nothing. (Declaring a national emergency will not work because Congress has 30 days to reject it, and it would certainly be tied up by courts).

7) He asks the MSM for a prime time slot to give a speech, dangling the possibility it will involve actual news. The MSM is leery. They refused to give Obama time to give a similar speech on an immigration issue, but they give Trump the slot anyway. The speech bombs.

8) His Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross, makes boneheaded statements. So does Trump. All it demonstrates is that the administration is hopelessly out of touch with the ordinary lives of working people.

9) Trump’s approval ratings plummet. In a set of votes, 6 GOP Senators defect.

10) Trump caves.

And the con? For some reason, Trump supporters believe Trump is a great negotiator. Presumably this comes from a television show, ‘The Apprentice.’ Never saw it. Anyway, Trump has been revealed to be a horrible negotiator.

And I don’t even think it was Pelosi doing something amazing. She just stood her ground.

And it gets worse. Last year Trump refused $5 billion for a Wall in exchange for DACA, and then $25 billion. Now, here we are. The administration is a lame duck, crippled, and it will get even worse with the coming indictments.

Posted by: phx8 at January 26, 2019 7:27 PM
Comment #437282

D., so easily fooled. Look at the graph and tell us what supposed ” this president is succeeding where many others have failed.” took place. What has he done that is so successful that isn’t typical of the past 12 presidents? Look at the trend line on the graph (max) and you will see the part of the con I was talking about. Each president, in turn, got to say the same thing so don’t be fooled by the con. Use a meaningful statistic to prove your claim.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 26, 2019 7:43 PM
Comment #437283
But then, that is what happens without any moral compass.

Let’s take a minute to discuss this issue D.. You seem so sensitive for an anti-PC type. Are you one of them guys that likes to dish it out, Like Trump, but can’t take it? It seems that way.

As a group you guys don’t mind intentionally insulting me and others, you guys tell us ideological/political slurs, ethnic/nationality slurs and s**ual slurs are just jokes and we are overly sensitive to your jokes. Yet when confronted with course language describing your ideology , religious or ideological slurs directed at you it seems you get all huffy about it. How PC is that?
I have noticed that you personally taken things I have said out of context and put them up as slurs and hypocritically done the same thing. I thank you for listing my comments even though they are out of context, because I am not a PC type guy myself.

You would have us believe it is a lack of moral compass and not just jokes and/or funny barbs dirteted at you. I have to say Ttrump followers shouldn’t talk about moral compass. They have none .

Posted by: j2t2 at January 26, 2019 9:00 PM
Comment #437289
j2t2 wrote: blah, blah, blah, …
phx8 wrote: blah, blah, blah, …

Yet, j2t2 claims to have a moral compass … as demonstrated here.

j2t2, open-borders-phx8, and Ed O’hrealy are proving that they care more about gloating and a THEIR party winning a political battle, than the security of the nation, and 2,000 homicides per year by criminal non-citizens.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 27, 2019 9:21 AM
Comment #437290
j2t2 wrote: I have noticed that you personally taken things I have said out of context [nonsense, context is not necessary for racist, vulgar, and hate speech] and put them up as slurs and hypocritically done the same thing.
j2t2, IF your comments annoy you, then why continue to write more racist, vulgar, and hateful comments?

And look at phx8’s comments … who denigrates “white” people 13 times.

j2t2, phx8, and Ed O’hrealy claim others are racists, while repeatedly making racist, vulgar, and hateful comments.

So, yes, your racist, vulgar, and hateful comments, and caring more about YOUR party, than national security, are all indicative of someone who lacks a moral compass.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 27, 2019 9:33 AM
Comment #437291
j2t2 wrote: As a group you guys don’t mind intentionally insulting me and others …
HHMmmmmmmm … what do you expect when you call people here traitors, racists, Nazis, Fascists, etc., etc., etc. ?

At any rate, I have not seen 1/100th of the nasty, racist, vulgar hate speech from anyone else on Watchblog that even comes close to what you (j2t2, phx8, and Ed O’hrealy) write almost every week as shown here.

j2t2 whines about his nasty, racist, vulgar hate speech being taken out of context, but there is no context needed for things like this, and many of j2t2’s quotes include the links to the entire comment (IF anyone wishes to see the entire hateful screed).

Please go through all comments and archives and try to find anything that compares to the nasty, racist, vulgar, and hate spewed by you three. That is quite simply the truth.

Apparently, you come here to inflame people, but all you are really accomplishing is making total asses of yourself (as your numerous nasty, racist, vulgar, and hateful comments prove).

Posted by: d.a.n at January 27, 2019 9:52 AM
Comment #437295

D,. My comments don’t bother me….silly boy. I will remember out of context is just fine with you as well.

Jeez constant repetition of mischaracterizations…why?

And most importantly denial. Not us, not us. Funny how once Trump was elected president you guys became so politically correct. So sensitive when the shoe is on your foot. One might say you do fit the “can’t take it to the point of lying about it” category. Just think if it was real hate speech D. and not the phony conservative false claim of hate speech.

To bad your leader Trump didn’t play along. Do I need to list the “nasty, racist, vulgar hate speech” from Trump and the conservative propaganda machine. I won’t of course, not worth the time. Besides you seem to have changed the meaning of racism. Maybe we ought to be saying “conservative version of nasty, racist, vulgar hate speech” to clarify it is different from real “nasty, racist, vulgar hate speech”.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 27, 2019 1:00 PM
Comment #437296
j2t2 wrote: Just think if it was real hate speech D. and not the phony conservative false claim of hate speech.
No vulgar, nasty hate speech here by j2t2.
j2t2 wrote: I will remember out of context is just fine with you as well.
Not true. There are links included to many of your comments. What irks you is that your own numerous comments are revealing your true character.
Most people would also be ashamed IF their nasty, vulgar, racist, hateful comments were posted, like yours, for all to see.
j2t2 wrote: To[o] bad your leader Trump didn’t play along. Do I need to list the “nasty, racist, vulgar hate speech” from Trump and the conservative propaganda machine.
Yes, please do, and provide sources (not more FAKE NEWS), if you aren’t too lazy.
j2t2 wrote: D,. My comments don’t bother me….silly boy.
Then why do you repeatedly complain and whine about it, and repeatedly say that you are actually proud of them …
j2t2 wrote: j2t2 wrote: I am proud of each and every one of my comments you have listed here. In fact I am especially proud of the donkey show comment.
Doth protest too much.
The fact that you are proud of all of this is revealing. Thank you for being the gift that keeps on giving!
Posted by: d.a.n at January 27, 2019 1:37 PM
Comment #437301

Many thanks to phx8 for his 10-point summary of the Trump administration.

I won’t bother to debate his opinion.

Please notice that phx8 does not address all the accomplishment of the president with regard to the economy, jobs, taxes, foreign relations, and improving our security. We all know why he shuns real accomplishment.

Accomplishments are what will reelect President Trump in 2020.

What will congress accomplish in the next two years?

Another Russian investigation?

Demands for higher taxes?

Demands for income and wealth redistribution

Demands for more spending on social issues and illegals

Demands for more spending to combat MMGW

Demands for more spending to eliminate student debt

Demands for more spending on health care

Our Liberal Pals seem to believe that all these progressive hot button issues resonate positively with a majority of the electorate. Consequently, they will nominate a candidate who represents the Far Left residing primarily on the East and West Coast. We all know how that will turn out.

Posted by: Royal Flush at January 27, 2019 3:34 PM
Comment #437303

Royal Flush,
True. The leftists and many Democrats believe the myth that we can all somehow live at the expense of everyone else.

  • Cheater Extreme #2: This extreme attracts master-parasites that lure citizens into increasing dependency on government, and the people who want everything for free, in a nanny-state, that will wipe their lazy butts for them, massive cradle-to-grave government programs (which are usually severely mismanaged; e.g. $70 Billion per year in Medicare fraud; $Trillions borrowed from Social Security; etc.) that nurture a pathetic sense of entitlement and dependency on government; wants to grow government ever larger (despite the already current nightmare proportions); rewards failure and laziness; and tries to disguise their envy and jealousy as demands for equality.

And Kamala Harris is one of those extremists, and one of the most toxic too.
Do you remember:

  • what Kamala Harris did at Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation hearings (along with “Men, Shut up and Step Up” Mazie Hirono , leaker Diane Feinstein, pathetic Patrick Leahy, Dick Durbin, Dick Blumenthal, Chris Coons, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker, and Sheldon Whitehouse) that essentially decided that Brett Kavanaugh was “guilty until proven innocent”, without a shred of evidence ?
  • and Kamala Harris’ exchange with Ronald Vitiello (where she compared ICE to the KKK; source: www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/11/15/kamala_harris_ice_nominee_ronald_vitiello_are_you_aware_of_parallels_between_ice_kkk.html)?
  • and Kamala Harris’ exchange with Kirstjen Nielsen (source: www.youtube.com/watch? v=aYuza9TzT18 )?
  • and Kamala Harris’ exchange with Jeff Sessions ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0JaGi5CkaI )?

There is a common-thread in almost everything the Democrats do to acquire more votes, money, and power.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 27, 2019 5:38 PM
Comment #437306

Then why do you repeatedly complain and whine about it,
D., you are the one that has grouped and numbered them. You are the one that continues to post them over and over. I am the one that laughs at you for doing so. I would suggest you direct this question to yourself.

and repeatedly say that you are actually proud of them …
Because…wait for it…..wait for it…….. I am proud of those comments. Are you off your meds D.?

Royal says “the accomplishment of the president with regard to the economy” yet refuses to address the question what accomplishments. Are you suggesting because Trump hasn’t tanked the economy we should consider that an accomplishment?

” Royal take a look at the facts Look at the graph and tell us what supposed ” this president is succeeding where many others have failed.” took place. What has he done that is so successful that isn’t typical of the past 12 presidents?” Look at the trend line on the graph (You may have to click on the (max) icon) and you will see the part of the con I was talking about. Each president, in turn, got to say the same thing so don’t be fooled by the con. Use a meaningful statistic to prove your claim.


Both you clowns make these claims but cannot back them up. You divert and deflect. Have you no decency?

Posted by: j2t2 at January 27, 2019 7:03 PM
Comment #437307
j2t2 wrote: Because…wait for it…..wait for it…….. I am proud of those comments.
Great, which proves you are truly demented.
Please give us some more of your demented words of wisdom … since you are so proud of it.
Posted by: d.a.n at January 27, 2019 10:17 PM
Comment #437308
j2t2 wrote (again): Have you no decency?
HHMMmmmm … is j2t2 demonstrating here how to be decent ?
Posted by: d.a.n at January 27, 2019 10:32 PM
Comment #437310

So once again ” Both you clowns make these claims but cannot back them up. You divert and deflect. Have you no decency?”

Looked up “decent” in the dictionary couldn’t find anything about making false claims. Here is one for you guys since you seem to need false and/or useless claims. “Because of Trump, it is now 2019. That is the highest number ever. Much higher than Obama.”

Posted by: j2t2 at January 27, 2019 11:17 PM
Comment #437319
j2t2 repeatedly asks: Have you no decency ?
HHMMmmmm … show of hands please?
Should we all take lessons on decency like this from j2t2 ?
It appears that j2t2 has been taking lessons from Edit Macais.
Posted by: d.a.n at January 28, 2019 2:54 AM
Comment #437331
j2t2 wrote: To[o] bad your leader Trump didn’t play along. Do I need to list the “nasty, racist, vulgar hate speech” from Trump and the conservative propaganda machine.
Yes, please do, and provide sources (not more FAKE NEWS), if you aren’t too lazy. Posted by: d.a.n at January 28, 2019 11:36 AM
Comment #437337

We certainly do not need any more “fake news” in this thread with you posting do we D.? But hey guys can you do me a favor instead of all this amateurish diversions would you just use “Look, over there” and save us all the time?
Speaking of fake news wouldn’t you agree the fake Trump accomplishments would qualify as fake news. It sure qualifies as part of the Big Lie.

Anyway Royal you challenged me, I responded with facts. D. had a tough time with the chart and tried to divert our attention. You so far have not responded to the facts that refute your own challenge! What is a body to think?

You told us “Millions of Black and Hispanic folks now have jobs.” as if millions of Black and Hispanic folks didn’t have jobs before. Why is this an accomplishment of Trumps? Because he hasn’t ran the ship aground yet?

Another part of the Big Con, Wages are rising. Sure wages are rising but so what they aren’t rising as fast as they were during many previous administrations. (Again use the max button before complaining). For many Americans at the lower end of the wage scale they are still stagnant as we find our trickle down economic system has failed to keep wages in line with living wages

Most importantly the Big Lie/Con “Our enemies fear us again.” Is this your tryout for the Onion Royal? Russia is rolling on the floor laughing their a**es off at this one. North Korea , China Iran ………exactly which enemies? The Taliban who has us at the table negotiating a withdrawal of our troops after years of fighting! Seriously Putin’s B**ch had made us a laughing stock. It is our friends who fear us FFS..

Posted by: j2t2 at January 28, 2019 12:36 PM
Comment #437338

For some reason the link didn’t make it through the posting!
Anyway here is it-
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wage-growth

Posted by: j2t2 at January 28, 2019 12:39 PM
Comment #437344

“What has he (President Trump) done that is so successful that isn’t typical of the past 12 presidents?”

j2t2 is sooooo easy. I don’t pretend to know why he is so uninformed…I just know that his is.

j2t2 ignores the job gains of black and Hispanic Americans.

“The black unemployment rate hit a post-Great Recession peak of 16.8% in March 2010. (The highest on record was 21.2% in January 1983.) The black unemployment rate fell to 5.9% in May (2018) — the lowest since the government started keeping track in 1972. The unemployment rate is 4.9% for people of Hispanic or Latino ethnicity.”

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/01/news/economy/black-unemployment-rate-record-low/index.html

We will now sit back and allow j2t2 to make a fool of himself when he most likely will respond that unemployment is low because of Obama. But wait…didn’t he make a claim about what is “typical” of the past 12 president?

I could give more facts to back up what I said about the success of the Trump presidency so far. But, I will wait for j2t2 to make another silly comment.

Posted by: Royal Flush at January 28, 2019 2:19 PM
Comment #437347

Can’t any of our Liberal/Progressive/Socialist answer my questions?

What will congress accomplish in the next two years?

Another Russian investigation?

Demands for higher taxes?

Demands for income and wealth redistribution

Demands for more spending on social issues and illegals

Demands for more spending to combat MMGW

Demands for more spending to eliminate student debt

Demands for more spending on health care

Posted by: Royal Flush at January 28, 2019 3:07 PM
Comment #437353

RF,
It is divided government, a split Congress. Anything that passes will be through compromise. There will be the usual noise, but for the next two years, the important day-to-day stuff, the housekeeping, will be done behind the scenes. The two sides work together a lot more than most people realize. Trump does virtually nothing at all.

The stalling tactics of the Trump administration and the GOP ensure the Russian investigation will continue. The House GOP has refused to seat ANYONE on the House Intel Committee. By doing this, they prevent the Committee from their first act of business: turning over official transcripts to the SCO.

Shortly after Trump was elected I advocated on WB for a Select Committee to investigate. It would have wrapped things up in six months. They could have taken the Hillary Clinton approach, publicly encouraged everyone to cooperate, interview as quickly as possible, and do everything in her power to speed it up. Why? Because she had done nothing wrong.

What is happening now is just the opposite.

Posted by: phx8 at January 28, 2019 3:53 PM
Comment #437354

Why was immunity given to so many if no one did anything wrong?

Posted by: Weary Willie at January 28, 2019 4:20 PM
Comment #437355

WW,
Who are you talking about?

The SDNY gave immunity to David Pecker and Allen Weisselberg into the illegal hush money payment to a p*rn star and a playboy model.

The SCO asked for immunity for 5 witnesses in the Manafort prosecution. “The five individuals identified in the motions at issue are third parties who have not been charged in this matter, and who have not been identified publicly with the case,” Mueller’s team argued in a filing asking for that sealing order.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/mueller-asks-for-immunity-for-five-witnesses-in-manafort-case.html

In 2016 a foreign adversary attacked us. It was warfare, cyber warfare, and the Russians targeted our democratic process. They targeted the election. It was a multi-pronged attack using almost every major social media platform, and a hack on the DNC and targeted release through Wikileaks. They did this to weaken us, and advance their own foreign policy goals.

The Trump Campaign had over 100 contacts with the Russians. The following article does a very nice job of summarizing them:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/26/us/politics/trump-contacts-russians-wikileaks.html

In almost every case, the Trump campaign officials and Trump lied about contacts with a foreign adversary seeking to undermine the United States.

Why did all of them lie?


Posted by: phx8 at January 28, 2019 4:38 PM
Comment #437364

Jesus Royal once again the trend was continued, must we be so proud of Trump simply because he hasn’t ran the ship aground yet?

But thanks for the laugh Royal, all the sputtering all the claims and you had to get down to we have more blacks and Hispanics now and we have more blacks and Hispanics working as if it were a miracle.

Here is another feelgood but is nonsense claim for you to praise Trump’s [residency with- ““Because of Trump, it is now 2019. That is the highest number ever. Much higher than Obama.” Let the dancing begin.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 29, 2019 12:12 AM
Comment #437392
What will congress accomplish in the next two years?

I would suggest the best we can hope for is slowing down of the conservative agenda.

Another Russian investigation?

As if the first one isn’t legitimate. Maybe it’s time to grow the f**k up and realize Trump’s campaign tem are the bad guys. Insist Trump come clean , get the Putin monkey off his back.

Demands for higher taxes?

And lower debt, Higher taxes on hedge fund owners and billionaires for the good of the country. Why saddle our grandkids with federal debt on top of personal debt over unneeded wars and bad ideology? They have enough college debt. Time to get the banksters off the back of the next generations. Only government can do it. And only the people can vote them out of the government.

Demands for income and wealth redistribution

Yes , we have seen trickle down economics doesn’t work. Time for some trickle up economics. We have lost our competiveness as a country. China is kicking our a** just so Trump can have gold bathroom fixtures.

>blockquote>Demands for more spending on social issues and illegals

Wow you believe D. and his biased numbers I guess. Trickle down and the “job creators” have failed the country. Wages and decent jobs have been eliminated and/or shipped overseas. Time to get people into the middle class another way.

Demands for more spending to combat MMGW

While our idiot president tweets about wanting some global warming we sit in states of emergency as record lows hit many parts of the country. Thoughts and prayers have failed us. Time to get real.
Remember Royal just because you refuse to accept facts doesn’t mean the facts aren’t true.

Demands for more spending to eliminate student debt

Yes please. Coming from the generation that didn’t have a lifelong debt after graduation and being conservative without empathy you probably don’t understand what we are doing to the future of the country. So instead of interfering tell your reps we need more people in college, not indentured servants. These kids have the banksters down their throats for life Royal, why would you do that to the next generation? Our current system is nothing more than income re-distribution.

Demands for more spending on health care

How foolish is this. We already spend so much more than any other country. What we need is a universal single payer health insurance system that will actually lower costs. The private sector has failed us in this case. Stop letting your foolish ideology get in the way of your common sense. My god man we have thousands of people going to Mexico daily getting dental and medical procedures done. The system is broken just so a few insurance companies can profit off the misery of others.

Look Royal it is a new century. You old ideology has failed to keep up with reality. Your false narratives and attacks on the next generation have made us less competitive in the world. China is spending billions on research and infrastructure and it is paying off. We are sinking into the mire of conservatism, going backwards into the future. Just so a few rich guys can talk about their liberty.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 29, 2019 9:22 AM
Comment #437399
j2t2 wrote more words of wisdom while addressing Royal Flush’s comments: Maybe it’s time to grow the f**k up and realize Trump’s campaign team are the bad guys.
j2t2 wrote: China is kicking our a** just so Trump can have gold bathroom fixtures.
Nonsense.
The GDP of the U.S. in 2017 was $19.4 Trillion (59% more than China) with a population of 325.7 Million in 2017.
The GDP of China is 12.2 Trillion with a population of 1.4 Billion in 2017.
The tariffs are hurting China much worse than they are hurting Americans, and they should continue until China stops cheating, spying, and stealing.
j2t2 wrote: These kids have the banksters down their throats for life Royal [Flush], why would you do that to the next generation?
Royal Flush did not do that to them.
They did it to themselves. Especially when they get worthless degrees in things like Liberal Arts, Art History, Fashion Design, Culinary Arts, Music, Pshchology, Communications, Fine Art, Performing Arts, Anthropology, Political Science, etc. (source: www.careeraddict.com/useless-degrees).
The problem with socialist extremists is that they always act like victims, and always blame someone else.

j2t2, like many socialist extremists, wants everything for free, and offers a lot of opinions (mostly worthless), but rarely any proof.
Mostly, only a lot of nasty, vulgar, hate-filled vitriol (see #[40]).

Posted by: d.a.n at January 29, 2019 12:31 PM
Comment #437421

D., using the GDP measurement is the reasoning of a fool. Continue to pound your chest as if you are superman, fall for Trump’s line of BS but whilst you are doing so be aware China is eating your lunch.

http://www.oecd.org/newsroom/china-headed-to-overtake-eu-us-in-science-technology-spending.htm

Royal Flush did not do that to them.

Conservatism did D.. Our back a**ward conservatives, and Royal is included in that, have cut funding to education so banksters could line their pockets.

2t2, like many socialist extremists, wants everything for free, and offers a lot of opinions (mostly worthless), but rarely any proof. Mostly, only a lot of nasty, vulgar, hate-filled vitriol (see #[40]).

And extremist right wing neo-Nazi’s like D. use this type of diversion to keep people from the truth. I find it much more vulgar the way conservative ideology has failed America. I find conservatism much more hateful than anything I have said. The way they eat the young for profit and ideological gain is what is really vulgar.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 30, 2019 12:11 AM
Comment #437473

Here we go again.
j2t2 is calling people Nazi’s again.
j2t2 never tires of making a fool of himself.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 30, 2019 1:46 PM
Comment #437481

“We are sinking into the mire of conservatism, going backwards into the future.”

I do wish to thank our Pal j2t2 for honestly answering my questions regarding what he believes the Democrat controlled HOR will try to accomplish in the next two years. I don’t believe any of these will happen.

We are not now, and are not likely to become; a socialist country. Generations of Americans have lived and prospered under our Democratic Republic fostering capitalism. We have lifted a vast majority of Americans into the middle class with good jobs, home ownership, liberty and freedom.

Only those, like j2t2 and a few Dem politicians, are yearning for the tyranny of unfettered government control over their lives. After eight years of Obama health care lies and publicly stated attempts to “fundamentally change America”, we have become leery and suspicious of those promising pie-in-the-sky government largess.

Most of the electorate got a lesson in “street-smarts” by observing Obama and his henchmen manipulate the economy, jobs, and health care which harmed the working class. There is little desire to go back to a shrinking economy and jobs market.

Conservatives promote values and actions that have been proven, over a long period of time, to work to the benefit of all citizens.

Liberals/progressives/socialists and communists continue to insist that their values can work, but never have in the past.

Posted by: Royal Flush at January 30, 2019 4:26 PM
Comment #437508
Most of the electorate got a lesson in “street-smarts” by observing Obama and his henchmen manipulate the economy, jobs, and health care which harmed the working class. There is little desire to go back to a shrinking economy and jobs market.

You guys are special Royal, no regard for the truth. None. Remember “repetition does not transform a lie into the truth”.

We have lifted a vast majority of Americans into the middle class with good jobs, home ownership, liberty and freedom.

The only thin conservatives have lifted is the Big Lie Royal. Since the Reagan revolution the middle class has shrank and income inequality has increased to new highs. Them are the facts. Truckle on economics the backbone of conservative ideology has failed to lift anything but the wallets of the middle class. To bad the wallets were lifted by the rich.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 31, 2019 8:50 AM
Comment #437513
Liberals/progressives/socialists and communists continue to insist that their values can work, but never have in the past.


And Conservative/populist/fascist/oligarchs and neo-Nazis have proven trickledown economic, for profit health insurance and most of the rest of their values don’t and haven’t worked. So what is your point. We tried the Reagan revolution and conservative/populist/fascist/oligarchy and neo-Nazi ideology and values. Cutting taxes didn’t work unless you don’t count the debt. Trickle down failed us. Constant war for oil has failed us. Mass imprisonment has failed us. Forcing college aged kids into life long debt has failed us. The Trump economy is nothing different than the GWB economy which as we know leads to economic meltdown.

But lets go back to the golden age of our childhood and remember the tax rates at the time. Then tell us liberal/progressive/socialist ideology doesn’t work.

Posted by: j2t2 at January 31, 2019 9:41 AM
Comment #437532

“Cutting taxes didn’t work unless you don’t count the debt.”

j2t2 is sooo easy to prove wrong. He never reads anything but the pap being spoon fed to him from his “God-like” political handlers.

“Fifty years ago last week, on Feb. 26, 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed into law the sweeping tax cuts that had been championed by his predecessor, John F. Kennedy.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/03/05/recalling-the-days-when-democrats-cut-taxes.html

“Prior to JFK, Democrats held to tax reduction, specifically cuts in tax rates, as the central element of party identity.

The 1986 tax cut that took the top rate of the income tax down to the modern low of 28 percent was a Democratic baby, championed by Sens. Bill Bradley and Reps. Rostenkowski and Dick Gephardt. It won the House by a voice vote—meaning virtually unanimous support—as 44 of 47 Democrats in the Senate voted yea. Supporters included liberal lions Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and Joe Biden.

In 1997, Bill Clinton cut the capital gains rate and in 2010, Barack Obama extended the George W. Bush rate cuts.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomitrovic/2017/11/28/democrats-should-recall-their-extensive-tax-cut-history/#247048663e7b

Most likely, j2t2 and his Liberal/Progressive/Socialist Pals don’t pay taxes, so they need more taxes from those of us who do pay to support their lazy asses.

It is simple to understand j2t2. At one time the Democrat Party advocated for the “WORKING CLASS”. Now, that same failed party advocates for the “WELFARE CLASS” and to hell with workers.

Posted by: Royal Flush at January 31, 2019 3:28 PM
Comment #437555
Royal Flush wrote: Most likely, j2t2 and his Liberal/Progressive/Socialist Pals don’t pay taxes, so they need more taxes from those of us who do pay to support their lazy asses.
I have thought that very thing.
That is why they want free stuff.
They want someone to wipe their lazy butts for them, and take care of them from cradle-to-grave.
I wonder if they are even U.S. citizens.
Their nasty, vulgar, hateful rhetoric makes one wonder …

j2t2’s racist comments, examples of hypocrisy, name-calling, rudeness, and other gems:
* [01] j2t2 wrote: I am proud of each and every one of my comments you have listed here. In fact I am especially proud of the donkey show comment [see #11 below].
* [02] j2t2 wrote: Weary, I haven’t said you [Weary Willie] are a Nazi.
* [03] j2t2 wrote: I am not calling anyone a Nazi.
* [04] j2t2 wrote: Hiding behind populism just like good ol’ Adolph [Hitler], the lot of you.
* [05] j2t2 wrote: you complain about the fascist tag you guys on the right have earned.
* [06] j2t2 wrote: In fact I have said many times here on WB [that] you conservatives here on WB [WatchBlog] remind me of the people of Germany [i.e. Nazis] in the late 20’s and early 30’s.
* [07] j2t2 wrote: Welcome to Trumps America, Zeig Heil !
* [08] j2t2 wrote: The people of Germany, a lot of good people fell for this type of blaming those different from us and look where it lead, they were Zeig Heiling to a dictator a few years later.
* [09] j2t2 wrote: I don’t recall using the term racist or bigot or calling anyone a racist or bigot.
* [10] j2t2 wrote: It may not be fascism, it may be oligarchy that is the problem but never the less you guys are helping to turn us into something we don’t want to be.
* [11] j2t2 wrote (comparing conservatives on Watch Blog to “Beastialists” or those that like to watch Beastiality): I didn’t imply anything of the sort. This is what I said: “What’s the difference between the Gringo [a disparaging and/or racist term] tourist at the “Tijuana donkey show” and the conservatives on WB [Watchblog] that believe the repubs on the intelligence committee actually have something of substance to show the American people?”
* [12] j2t2 wrote (comparing Trump supporters to Nazis): Oh look a, Trump rally [see video at j2t2’s link of Nazi supporters in 1939]: God , the flag, nationalism, returning America to the people who founded it, and a liberal protestor to beat on.
* [13] j2t2 wrote: How sad D. that you would think that calling names is your best argument…
* [14] j2t2 wrote: IMHO you guys are falsely setting liberals and dems up for persecution in the coming years.
* [15] j2t2 wrote: I look at you guys [Republicans and conservatives on WatchBlog] and see the good people, and you are good people, that were mislead by the fascist [Hitler] of the last century.
* [16] j2t2 wrote (blames Russia for 2016 election): Who gives a f * * k Obama is gone, Clinton is gone. Trump is here and it is in part due to Russian interference in the election.
* [17] j2t2 wrote: Neither am I a “build a wall on one border to keep the brown guys out” type.
* [18] j2t2 wrote: You have turned into a far right troll who spends his time instigating others into anger.
* [19] j2t2 wrote: Why would the same people who insulted and lied about Obama for 8 years think they deserve respect now that Trump is president?
* [20] j2t2 wrote (blaming Republicans and conservatives): Just doesn’t compare to [pipe]bomb attacks on political opponents does it?
* [21] j2t2 wrote: Yet here we are with conservatives hanging their hats on fearmongering and hatred as a means to win elections.
* [22] j2t2 wrote: Now you act surprised and try to deflect the blame! Go f * * k yourselves. Point the finger at yourselves for buying into the stupid propaganda you have bought into.
* [23] j2t2 wrote: I mean I don’t call anyone that I disagree with names, just those that support the far right or are politically on the far right.
* [24] j2t2 wrote: As far as the synagogue massacre conservatives have only the conservative media and their lies to blame for dehumanizing Jews once again. Look at the code word you guys have used for attacking Jews for the past few years.
* [25] j2t2 wrote: In fact right now I’m rather proud that you have spent the time going through the archives hunting for my words of wisdom.
* [26] j2t2 wrote: The only hypocrisy on this thread is yours.
* [27] j2t2 wrote: “Jeezus what a bunch of f * * ktards these repubs are.”
* [28] j2t2 wrote: Villification of your political opponents how f * * king fascist is that. Of course, I am not surprised.
* [29] j2t2 wrote: Of course Trump rakes in the dough because he charges for them to stay at his place you hypocrite.
* [30] j2t2 wrote: Ahhh D.[d.a.n] phase II of the Big Lie, Zeig Heil D., Goebbels would be proud.
* [31] j2t2 wrote: WTF does it take for you to realize the cognitive dissonance is yours?
* [32] j2t2 wrote: Wow if this doesn’t remind you of a circle jerk what else would?
* [33] j2t2 wrote: Seems to me we have heard enough lies from Trump and his followers the past two years. It’s time for Putin’s b * * ch to hit the road.
I always thought his 4 years would teach the ignorant f * * ks that voted for him enough, but I was wrong. They have doubled down on stupid it seems.
* [34] j2t2 wrote: Putin’s b * * ch is an acurate description of the facts. That man [Trump] is owned by Putin, therefore he is Putin’s b * * ch.
* [35] j2t2 wrote: Seems you guys [on Watchblog] just want to keep out the brown skinned families.
* [36] j2t2 wrote: He [Trump] promised you so much and … well f * * k you … he is too busy selling out to the Russian oligarchs. Putin’s b * * ch sold you guys out and you aren’t man enough to admit it.
* [37] j2t2 wrote: WTF were the CAtholics doing sending a bunch of CAtholic school kids to a political ralley? Since they have a tax exempt status, shouldn’t they stay out of politicis?
* [38] j2t2 wrote: The term fascist needs to be shouted from the rooftop during this reign of conservatism and the rise of populism.
* [39] j2t2 wrote: Yet Trump, you and many on the right support the neo-Nazis!
* [40] j2t2 wrote (address Royal Flush): Maybe it’s time to grow the f * * k up and realize Trump’s campaign team are the bad guys
* [41] j2t2 wrote: Y’all f**cked it [Obamacare] up with malice and bad intentions….
* [42] j2t2 wrote: Really D.[d.a.n] have you no decency?
* [43] j2t2 wrote: So yeah once again it is BS and you [d.a.n] have no decency.
* [44] j2t2 wrote: FFS guys, have you no decency?
* [45] j2t2 wrote: Both you clowns make these claims but cannot back them up. You divert and deflect. Have you no decency?
* [46] j2t2 wrote: Have you no decency?
* [47] j2t2 wrote: Because…wait for it…..wait for it…….. I am proud of those comments [above].
Yes. We should all take lessons about “decency” from j2t2.
phx8’s racist comments, examples of hypocrisy, call for open-borders, name-calling, rudeness, and other gems:
* [01] phx8 wrote: Thank you for cutting and pasting my comments. I stand by every single one, and I am gratified to see such consistently high quality in my work. Much appreciated.
* [02] phx8 wrote: As for immigration, I would be fine with open borders.
* [03] phx8 wrote: Prejudice against immigrants among U.S. white1 is NOT new … So what is happening today is NOT new, or some sort of intractable problem. Racism and bigotry from the rural, white2 crowds of Trump reflect a long American tradition of hatred.
* [04] phx8 wrote: if Tucker Carlson wants to spread hatred and white3 nationalism on FOX, he should expect consequences.
* [05] phx8 wrote: Tucker Carlson is a white4 nationalist. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE PROGRAM- catering to the bigotry and racism and fears of the white5 FOX audience.
[phx8 is essentially calling all white people that watch Tucker Carlson racists.]
* [06] phx8 wrote: We have seen an unconstitutional effort to ban all Muslims from coming to this country.
[That comment by phx8 is false, because the ban was for specific nations with a lot of terrorism. There was never an executive action that banned Muslims only. The Supreme Court, in the end, upheld Trump’s travel ban]
* [07] phx8 wrote: And heavens! Immigrants, legal and illegal, might vote for Democrats! LOL. Worst excuse for bigotry - ever.
[Not true. The issue is, based on these 12 reasons, Democrats have clearly demonstrated that they have nefarious and despicable motives, by despicably pitting U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other to acquire more power, by pandering to illegal immigrants for 30+ years, for more votes (via more representation in the House, via more U.S. House representatives, via re-apportionment of representatives (i.e. more electoral votes and more federal funding), based on population, based on the decennial CENSUS, which does not verify U.S. citizenship.]
* [08] phx8 wrote: Not the majority. 30% [of Americans are racist] seems about right. You might wonder how that can be possible. But we are not the first country to experience this. There are plenty of fine countries with highly developed cultures that have gone a lot farther down this path than the United States, with much worse outcomes.
* [09] phx8 wrote: In other words, it is a lie. It is a classic example of xenophobia, and the implication with “Middle Easterners” [in the caravan] is intended to stoke Islamophobia as well.
[However, the Guatemalan President, Jimmy Morales announced in October 2018 that 100 people were arrested and deportated, who were “highly linked to terrorist groups, specifically ISIS”. Source: www.snopes.com/fact-check/isis-terrorists-guatemala-caravan/]
* [10] phx8 wrote: Oh, for Pete’s sake! That is the worst kind of fear mongering… . That is why Trump spreads the language of hate, claiming illegal and legal immigrants have been “sent” by Mexico, that they are “criminals” and “rapists,” members of MS-13, “hardened criminals,” “no angels,” and so on.
[Most are only looking for jobs, but many are criminals, and many have already been deported many times. Also, 1,611 U.S. citizens are killed (on average) per year by criminal non-citizens (Source: www.gao.gov/products/GAO-11-187), and 32% of all people incarcerated in federal prisons are illegal immigrants, and that does not include all types of crime by illegal immigrants (Source: (Source#1: Source#3: cis.org/Huennekens/32-Federal-Inmates-Are-Aliens ; Source#2: www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-immigration/examples-serious-crimes-illegal-aliens/ ];
* [11] phx8 wrote: So, yeah. A U.S. President declaring ‘I’m a nationalist’ scares the crap out of anyone who knows anything about history.
* [12] phx8 wrote: Another reason the GOP continues shrinking is the fact that it is a party of ideology, unlike the Democrats, who are a coalition party. The idea that Republicans have “diversity of thinking” is laughable.
* [13] phx8 wrote: And I do not subscribe to your thinking that only white6 men can represent women; that only white7 men can represent blacks; and so on.
[Another lie by phx8, since no one here ever wrote that].
* [14] phx8 wrote: There is a good chance today, Friday, will end with indictments.
[another failed prediction (of many)]
* [15] phx8 wrote: There are the racists, bigots, xenophobes, Islamophobes, and misogynists who support Trump, and there are those who are willing to overlook such vile stuff.
* [16] phx8 wrote: Ohrealy is right. If d.a.n. continues cutting and pasting those long posts he should be banned. Don’t think I’ve ever called for a person to be banned from this site.
* [17] phx8 wrote: The GOP resulted to the unfavorable demographic squeeze of the past decades by rejecting the change, and doubling down on its dwindling base of ageing white8, rural males with high school education or less.
* [18] phx8 wrote: For the incoming 116th Congressional Republicans, there are 29 white9 males in the House, and one female. Overall, the House GOP will consist of 90% white10 males.
* [19] phx8 wrote: The Democrats are incredibly diverse, including blacks, Muslims, and LGBT, representing the make-up of America. The Republicans? Eh, not so much. Just white11 identity politics as usual.
* [20] phx8 wrote: Are you just g*ddamn stupid…
* [21] phx8 wrote: Sweet J*sus, you are such a total waste of time. WTF.
* [22] phx8 wrote: Prognosticators have successfully predicted 10 out of the last 7 recessions.
[HMmmm…. 10 out of 7 ? math is not phx8’s strong suit? ].
* [23] phx8 wrote (27-DEC-2018): That would also explain the wild gyrations in the stock markets. Earlier this year I predicted Trump would be impeached by May. I will stand by that prediction. IT will require a lot of Republican senators, and I think we are very near to the point where the evidence of Trump’s criminality and treason will be so overwhelming, there will be national agreement that he has to go.
* [24] phx8 wrote: What it means is that, whereas Nixon and Bush #43 saw their approval ratings drop into the 20’s and even teens, the Trump floor may remain, with the 30% or so of the deplorables supporting the agenda of white12 identity politics no matter how bad the corruption gets, because very simply, white13 identity politics for that 30% is MUCH more important than honest governance or our democratic system.
* [25] phx8 wrote: AOL [AOC (Alexandria Ocasio Cortez)] is awesome. You are seeing the future. She is charismatic, her political instincts are excellent, and she has already proven adept at using social media. This is what Millennial politics will look like. She is only 29 and she has a lot to learn. But she [AOC] comes from a generation that was destroyed by conservative Republican politics. An entire generation found itself graduating from college with enormous debts, health care was unaffordable, and Global Warming threatened the long term future of the planet; meanwhile, thanks to tax cuts and corruption, the wealth of the past four decades was increasingly concentrated at the top, even as federal deficits and the national debt ballooned. (By the way, the national debt has increased $2 trillion in just 2 years under Trump, and the deficit has increased to nearly a trillion). She is the political forerunner of a generation that is tolerant of race, gender, and religion, and intolerant of the racism of Trump and his ilk. Is it any wonder conservatives are both fixated and terrified of her? They should be. She [AOC] is the future, and that future does not include the darkness and greed and destructiveness offered by conservatism. To paraphrase AOL [AOC (Alexandria Ocasio Cortez)]: the dark hates the light.
* [26] phx8 wrote: The Trump supporters fell for it because Trump played to the darkest, basest part of the American character, racism and bigotry.
* [27] phx8 wrote: Remember all those slack jawed inbreds wearing MAGA hats?
* [28] phx8 wrote about this comment: Gawd, another thread ruined by a Neo-Nazi post.
* [29] phx8 wrote: And if anyone cares, Politifact and Snopes both offer detailed rebuttals of the false statistics posted by d.a.n. the Neo-Nazi.
[Not true. IF phx8, j2t2, or ohrealy had any evidence, they would have posted the proof a long time ago. ]
* [30] phx8 wrote: And remember, Trump is treason. I said it when traitor Roy Ellis encouraged everyone to run off and view Wikileaks during the 2016 campaign … I have said it many times since then. And I will say it yet once more. Trump is treason… . How will you justify supporting a traitor [i.e. Trump]?
Notice above, that phx8 makes 13 negative references to “white” people.
Ed O’hrealy’s racist comments, examples of hypocrisy, rudeness, and other idiotic gems:
* [01] ohrealy wrote (re: open borders): You are really waving a red flag in front of me by mentioning Texas. I am in favor of moving the border from the Rio Grande back to the Nueces, at least, where it belongs. The northern part that came from the Louisiana Purchase should really belong to Oklahoma.
* [02] ohrealy wrote: I certainly think it would be better if Texas was still part of Mexico. We should trade it for Baja California.
* [03] ohrealy wrote: Oh, and West Texas could just be one large penal colony, to house all the people that we want to put in jail, about 5 million if some folks get their way (Posted by: ohrealy at March 15, 2006 11:16 PM)
* [04] ohrealy wrote: I keep track of everything I write, and you evidently do not, …
* [05] ohrealy wrote: … threads were flooded with long nonsensical posts by Sicilian eagle, d.a.n, and joebagodonuts. I don’t come into here to read that crap. When people respond to it, they just get more of the same.
[HHMmmmm … ohrealy is accusing someone else of “nonsensical ” posts?]
* [06] ohrealy wrote: And let’s move the capital from Washington DC, to Nauvoo, Illinois. The rest of D.C. should become a museum didstrict, and be part of Maryland.
* [07] ohrealy wrote: I’m sure Mueller will attempt to get Dumpty [Trump] to resign.
* [08] ohrealy wrote: Now the inauguration is being looked into, a slush fund never accounted, and plenty of Russians in attendance, including Natalia Veselnitskaya and Rinat Akhmetshin from the Trump Tower meeting, supporting the candidate [Trump] they helped.
* [09] ohrealy wrote: They’re not going to deport the people [illegal immigrants] they need, just the ones who’ve gotten educations that they don’t need.
* [10] ohrealy wrote: I never trust a right winger or believe anything they say, whether a troll on a website or a justice on the SCOTUS. They have an agenda, trying to keep a minority in control of a country where most people disagree with their agenda.
* [11] ohrealy wrote: Most significantly, the rest of the world is now looking for an alternative currency to the dollar. This is only really happening because of lack of confidence in the current US government.
* [12] ohrealy wrote: If you see AOC [Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez] as bad, that bad is in your head, and you should figure out how that got into your head, and who put it there.
* [13] ohrealy wrote: Tramp [Trump] is a stochastic terrorist. Wray should go to the White House and arrest him immediately.
* [14] ohrealy wrote: You’re going to have to resort to the dog whistles like the last reich wing author here had to do to gin up the tin foil hat people.
* [15] ohrealy wrote: Mass murdering reich wingers like the Kentucky Kroger Killer [nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/white-supremacist-shooting-in-louisville-kentucky-kroger.html] and that Soros hating Nazi in Pittsburg aren’t dirt. That would be an insult to dirt. They’re the sticky bottom of a pile of dried up animal excrement.
* [16] ohrealy wrote: I agree that the Tramp [Trump] should cut out his callous fascist, s*xist, racist rage and shouting or serve two years in the tanning bed.
* [17] ohrealy wrote: Why don’t you lazy people in Texas quit griping and actually do something useful about it [illegal immigration], if you’re not satisfied with what the Federal government is doing.
* [18] ohrealy wrote (March 28, 2008 08:18 PM Comment #249452): Doctors want single payer to help them get paid. It will not directly affect the care that their patients get, just accounting expenses.
* [19] ohrealy wrote: Take your memory pill, as well as the other ones, paranoid jackass, we have already had this conversation before.
* [20] ohrealy wrote: Tramp is already giving up on the presidency. He’ll be gone soon. Pence is going to be filling in for him at international meetings.
* [21] ohrealy wrote: Is this article supposed to be ironic, or just stupid? You’ve fallen all the way through the sewer and into the sewage treatment plant with this one.
* [22] ohrealy wrote: Cocaine Mitch [McConnell] is getting paid to confirm judges, and Kennedy was probably paid to retire. The reich wing is so crooked they’re all going to need a huge corkscrew to get buried.
* [23] ohrealy wrote: As for Russia, please. Tramp [Trump] showed his love for Putain again in Paris. “Russia, if you’re listening..” really happened. That’s espionage and treason. If any liberal had done that, the reich wing would be calling for impeachment, removal, and assassination.
* [24] ohrealy wrote: Why are you bothering to put articles up on this website? You will never get another reader here that has not participated in this site when it was a much better forum. Anyone who participated then would be disgusted by the content now. You might get additional readers if you changed the name to pinocchioblog, or moronidiotimbecileblog, or tinfoilhatblog.
* [25] ohrealy wrote: The main question for this election is the same as it has been in every election in this century, how much is the reich wing going to cheat and are they going to get away with it?
* [26] ohrealy wrote: Another F rated article on a D rated website [Watchblog]. You’re going to have to resort to the dog whistles like the last reich wing author here had to do to gin up the tin foil hat people.
* [27] ohrealy wrote: 700 F rated articles from this “author” [Keeley] at this D rated website [Watchblog.com].
* [28] ohrealy wrote: On the conclusion to your stupid article, why isn’t tramp [Trump] building a wall between Mexico and Guatemala? The caravan started as a relatively small group of refugees, then became much larger when tramp gave them all that publicity. It’s like he needs this caravan to get as big as possible for some reason.
[HHMmmm … another great example of demented logic.]
* [29] ohrealy wrote: What a stupid article. Globalism is a corporate policy that the right wing loves, in spite of Steve Bannon’s efforts.
* [30] ohrealy wrote: The house may be the one owned by Mark Judge’s grandmother. When Rachel Miller began questioning Brat [Brett Kavanaugh] about that date in his calendar, Lindsay Graham began pitching his hissy fit to stop Rachel Miller’s questioning. He knows Brat [Brett Kavanaugh] is a rapist, and wants him on the SCOTUS. Scum of the earth.
* [31] ohrealy wrote: The right wing party are The American Psycho Party. They did it to themselves. Brat Kava Nought did it to himself. The incels love rapists. All the filth, including Georgetown Prep, should be sued and prosecuted. Julie Swetnick: www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/users/user20/declaration_3.jpg
* [32] ohrealy wrote: There are dozens of sealed criminal indictments on the DC docket. Mueller probably did this in advance of whatever Sasquatch loving time travel believing big toilet fraudster [Matthew] Whitaker [acting DOJ] will attempt to do. He’s an idiot. Mueller is not. I wonder who outsmarted whom. Mr[s]. Kellyanne Conway is calling the administration a “dumpster fire”, and he’s a far reich wing Clinton hater.
* [33] ohrealy wrote: this “d.a.n.” person is screwing up this site even more with his long posts which no one will ever read. They cause problems scrolling. Should be banned.
[HHMmmmm … why, if “no one will ever read” it ? Perhaps ohrealy should learn how to use his devices effectively, so that his finger does not get tired from the strenuous scrolling? ]
* [34] ohrealy wrote: Any wall-nut stupid enough to believe in “the wall” is too ignorant to participate in any discussion anywhere.
[HHMmmm … based on polls, that would be most U.S. citizens.]
* [35] ohrealy wrote: He [Trump] should have already been executed by now.
* [36] ohrealy wrote: What is needed is a program of de-nazification as happened in Germany after WW2.
* [37] ohrealy wrote: I am glad you acknowledge how absurd rapist Brat Kava Nought was as a nominee for the SCOTUS. That matter isn’t over yet.
* [38] ohrealy wrote (calling students of Covington pro-rape): Klearly the KKKids from Kovington Katholic in Kentucky koming from their pro rape konvention were looking to make trouble in DC in their maggot hoods.
* [39] ohrealy wrote: Trump’s presidency has already ended, a traitor with 5 death penalty charges pending now is still there because no one likes his legal successor from The Pence Motel on Tobacco Road.
* [40] ohrealy wrote: His [Trump’s] boss Putain is messing in the kurrency market trying to tank the dollar. If something serious happens there, even the reich wing might abandon this Kabal of Krimnals, who are all siding with the putain against the US. There is no Konjecture involved, just treason and treachery.
* [41] ohrealy wrote: Barr worked hand in glove with GHWB, who voted for HRC in 2016, but he has also gone along with the foreign directed conspiracy theories so popular with the reich wing scum. What is needed is a program of de-nazification as happened in Germany after WW2.
* [42] ohrealy wrote: Some [colleges and universities] just have the name without any reputation at all. Having a government that is actually open is a first requirement, and the stochastic terrorist [Trump] is holding it hostage now for a wall that can be flown over, climbed over, tunneled under, and sawn through. [ohrealy ignores the fact that 90% of all drug trafficking is across U.S./Mexico border].
* [43] ohrealy wrote: The only question should be whether or not we can get back to “normal” after Putain’s puppet [Trump] is gone. He [Trump] should have already been executed by now.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 31, 2019 10:45 PM
Comment #437556
Royal Flush wrote: It is simple to understand j2t2. At one time the Democrat Party advocated for the “WORKING CLASS”. Now, that same failed party advocates for the “WELFARE CLASS” and to hell with workers.
So true. And worse.

Many Democrats and similar ilk demonstrate that they do not care about illegal immigration, and actually want to promote it (especially phx8 who wrote: “I would be fine with open borders”). j2t2, phx8, and Ed O’hrealy only care about more votes, money, and power for THEIR party.
All of the things many Democrats do, and j2t2, phx8, and Ed O’hreally demonstrate, has a common-thread, is that they have nefarious motives, to acquire more power via more votes and money:

  • (01) because many Democrats, most of the Main Stream Media, others on the left, and similar ilk (despicably) pit U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for votes, by pandering to illegal immigrants for 30+ years for more votes (via more representation in the House, via more U.S. House representatives, via apportionment of representatives (i.e. more electoral votes, and more federal funding), based on population, based on the decennial CENSUS, which does not verify U.S. citizenship;
  • (02) because many Democrats are also fighting against a check-box on the CENSUS, despite the check-box being totally inadequate to prove citizenship. Democrats disguise their desire for power (for THEIR party) as compassion for illegal immigrants, while despicably pitting U.S. citizens and illegal immigrants against each other for votes and money.
  • (03) because many Democrats (and most of the main stream media) lie about crime by illegal immigrants, and refuse to report the 2 thousand (or more) homicides per year by criminal non-citizens (source: DHS); and 32% of everyone in federal prison is a criminal non-citizen (source: Source#3: cis.org/Huennekens/32-Federal-Inmates-Are-Aliens);
  • (04) because many Democrats (and most of the main stream media) lie about how massive illegal (or legal) immigration is costing U.S. tax payers $296+ Billion (www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/21/mass-immigration-costs-govt-296-billion-year-natio/) per year in net losses (which does not include all costs, and does not include the cost of crime by illegal immigrants); that is a net loss of about $2,349.00 per year per household (126.22 Million households in 2017), or $916 per year per person (U.S. population=323 Million in 2017);
  • (05) because many Democrats are calling for open borders;
  • (06) because many Democrats are calling to abolish I.C.E. (Immigration and Customs Enforcement);
  • (07) because many Democrats want another shamnesty, like the shamnesty of 1986;
  • (08) because many Democrats refuse legislation to require employers to use eVerify (to verify eligibility for employment);
  • (09) because many Democrats want to give illegal immigrants drivers’ licenses, and also automatically register them to vote;
  • (10) because many Democrats want more mayors like Libby Schaaf (Oakland, CA), who warns illegal immigrants (including criminal illegal immigrants) before an ICE raid to arrest criminal illegal immigrants;
  • (11) because many Democrats want more sanctuary cities and states, like California, where Democrats have passed sanctuary city and sanctuary state laws that protect criminal illegal immigrants (i.e. an illegal immigrant by the name of Garcia Zarate (who had already been deported 5 times) can shoot and murder Kate Steinle, and be (www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/us/kate-steinle-murder-trial-verdict/index.html)for that murder, despite Zarate admitting to shooting the weapon that killed Kate Steinle (which should have been, at the very least, manslaughter);
  • (12) because many Democrats want to abolish the 2nd amendment, but many Democrats and many on the left call for restricting or eliminating 2nd Amendment rights, and say it is worth it “even if it saves only ONE life”, but conveniently ignore 2,000 homicides per year by criminal non-citizens (sources: dssusa.iste/homicides1.html ; www.gao.gov/assets/320/316959.pdf);
It’s not easy to get much lower than that.

Posted by: d.a.n at January 31, 2019 10:49 PM
Comment #437607

Well d.a.n., it appears we have wounded the pride and prejudice of our Liberal Pals and they have slunk away.

Good riddance I say. I would rather debate the democrat donkey than these fools. At least the donkey would “bray” honestly.

Posted by: Royal Flush at February 1, 2019 2:16 PM
Comment #437625
Royal Flush wrote: Well d.a.n., it appears we have wounded the pride and prejudice of our Liberal Pals and they have slunk away.
Think so?

I think they will be back, and we can then add more of their comments to their growing lists of “words of wisdom” and “great” comments, of which they claim to be proud of.
It was especially nice when phx8 started posting his own “great” comments for me (all by himself).

The truth is, they are not really proud of their rhetoric. They are thoroughly angry to see their nasty, vulgar, racist, hateful comments collected for all to see what their true character is. They pretend to be proud of their statements, but they really aren’t, because they know that they can get away with such nasty, vulgar, racist hateful comments only as long as they are anonymous. There is no way they will reveal their identities, because they would be ashamed IF others knew about their comments. IF they are truly proud of their nasty, vulgar, racist hateful comments, then they are truly disturbed, and blinded by hate … and that is why they will probably be back.

The best way to deal with losers like this is to reveal the depravity of their many comments (over many years) that they claim to be “words of wisdom” and “great” comments. IF they are truly proud of their rhetoric, then they will produce more like it, and they won’t mind if I continue to collect it, and refer to it when necessary (in debates), to reveal the hypocrisy, racism, illogic, vulgarity, and hate in their many comments over the years.

Posted by: d.a.n at February 2, 2019 12:02 AM
Comment #437651

Keep up the good work d.a.n.

Posted by: Royal Flush at February 2, 2019 3:41 PM
Comment #437656

Thanks! But the funny thing is, they don’t need anyone else to help them look like fools (and worse).
They are accomplishing that all by themselves with their very own “words of wisdom” and “great” comments.

Posted by: d.a.n at February 3, 2019 12:36 AM
Post a comment